IGNORED

US Colecovision Help

amber_leaf

So, i've just become the proud owner of my first Coleco with a couple of games. The console is from the America, and comes with the two pin power brick.

I live in the UK, and i'm wondering what I need to plug the console in without frying it! Would I be right in saying a step down transformer is needed? Also would a standard RF aerial lead work with this console?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

Hi amber_leaf. icon_smile.gif

Do not under any circumstances use the U.S. power adapter in Scotland. (sell or swap it).

The American version has the same output in volts.

The difference is in the input, U.S. use from 110V. to 130V. Scotland uses 220V. to 240V.

Purchase a replacement power supply at TeleGames in UK, or buy one on ebay for CBS version.

Yes you can use a standard antenna wire, if only there is an RCA (Phono) plug at the other end.

Hi amber_leaf. icon_smile.gif

Do not under any circumstances use the U.S. power adapter in Scotland. (sell or swap it).

The American version has the same output in volts.

The difference is in the input, U.S. use from 110V. to 130V. Scotland uses 220V. to 240V.

Purchase a replacement power supply at TeleGames in UK, or buy one on ebay for CBS version.

Yes you can use a standard antenna wire, if only there is an RCA (Phono) plug at the other end.

Don't they sell devices for people who travel a lot between the US and Europe that convert the currency into something their devices can use? Maybe something like that would work also?

Don't they sell devices for people who travel a lot between the US and Europe that convert the currency into something their devices can use?
I believe a "currency converter" is a small computer that tells you how much your money is worth. Perhaps you meant a voltage adapter, which I guess probably exists, but may be more expensive than a replacement power supply.

Don't they sell devices for people who travel a lot between the US and Europe that convert the currency into something their devices can use?
I believe a "currency converter" is a small computer that tells you how much your money is worth. Perhaps you meant a voltage adapter, which I guess probably exists, but may be more expensive than a replacement power supply.

Doh, yeah, that's what I get for typing fast. :) I ment current, not currency. I can't even edit that now cause you quoted me on that. :)

I've seen them for sale, but no clue as to how much that one costs.

Doh, yeah, that's what I get for typing fast. :) I ment current, not currency. I can't even edit that now cause you quoted me on that. :)

I've seen them for sale, but no clue as to how much that one costs.

Cheers guys! I will get a UK power supply from Telegames :)