IGNORED

Fonts

I extended and changed the last font (the one above), and took care that an outline would look good (which has then been added as a new font).

8x8 pixel outline fonts are usually seen with one color inside and another color outside (maybe both using gradients (moderate color changes)), which unfortunately is not quite possible with the TI-99/4A (the inside, outside and outline generally requires 3 colors inside the 8x8). I haven't seen (m)any outline fonts in use on the TI-99/4A (I'm not saying it hasn't been done), and I actually think this outline looks pretty good (outline one color and inside and outside another).

0060.preview.gif

And please use, abuse, contribute or request something on or a bit off this topic (=fonts).

icon_shades.gif

Edited by sometimes99er

Man oh man.... I think we've got quite a few great looking fonts here! Thanks for continually updating here!!! I look forward to testing some of these out!!!!

Lemonade Stand needs a good font instead of the standard BASIC font. Which font would you suggest, sometimes? :) Something that reminds you of a hot hot day and a bit of cold lemonade taking the edge off the heat. :)

I extended and changed the last font (the one above), and took care that an outline would look good (which has then been added as a new font).

8x8 pixel outline fonts are usually seen with one color inside and another color outside (maybe both using gradients (moderate color changes)), which unfortunately is not quite possible with the TI-99/4A (the inside, outside and outline generally requires 3 colors inside the 8x8). I haven't seen (m)any outline fonts in use on the TI-99/4A (I'm not saying it hasn't been done), and I actually think this outline looks pretty good (outline one color and inside and outside another).

0060preview.gif

And please use, abuse, contribute or request something on or a bit off this topic (=fonts).

:cool:

Thanks sometimes99er, I have some plans for this font :)

@Opry99er

How about this one - Chack'n Pop ?

Arcade, NES or SG-1000 ? Haven't checked if they are exactly the same. The NES appears more fat (just looking at the character "A").

Yes, the last 14 maze screens from the SG-1000 are using the tms9918a (= graphics possible on the TI-99/4A).

icon_smile.gif

cracknpop.gif

Edited by sometimes99er

062.gif Is the one!!! Thanks alot man! :) and awesome how you used the title screen to show it. :) both are nice, but this one's the winner.

**edit**

actually--- that other one's growing on me.......

**edit**

okay--- I like the other one better now....

Edited by Opry99er

Thanks for feedback etc. :)

Forgot to mention that the Bomb Jack font has been added to the pack/zip (available in first post in this thread).

I usually update the Pineapple utility with the new fonts. Available features are:

Access thru browser with Flash plug-in (version 9).

Instant access and execution.

Double pixel size for easy viewing.

Test any of 64 available fonts.

Browse thru fonts using arrows (above font area).

Change foreground and background colors of font.

Bitmap screen for testing fonts (allowing different fonts simultaneously).

Standard TI cursor (hover as a sprite).

Change color of cursor.

Move cursor around using enter, tabulator and arrow keys.

Write text on screen.

Edit using backspace, delete and insert keys.

Insert mode indicator.

Click character in font to access special characters.

Draw pixels (on screen).

Changing font and colors do not affect the screen.

Click "Update Screen" to refresh using selected/current font and colors.

Click "Clear Screen" to do just that using current background color.

And I've got at least another 7 nice ideas coming along. Nothing revolutionary though.

:cool:

Edited by sometimes99er