IGNORED

Hidden invincibility in Planet Smashers found!

_Fandal_

OK. After some dissasembling, branstorming and many tries I found hidden invicibility mode in Planet Smashers (as Mitch asked me some time ago).

And now how to do that step by step (tested in emulator and on real PAL HW as well):

1) insert very carefully your Planet Smashers cart into console ;-)

2) set left difficulty switch to the right position and right difficulty switch to the left position

3) hold Pause and power console on

4) just relax, listen to great title screen music :rolling: and wait for toplist screen

5) wait for 4th best score to appear and then you must set left difficulty switch to the left position and right difficulty switch to the right position simultaneously :mad:

6) text "Planet Shmashers.... Programmed by: James V. Zalewski Datafast Computer Services 1989" should appear and hidden invicibility mode should be active.

Many thanks to GroovyBee for some useful informations about switchable 7800 carts.

Enjoy!

F.

P.S. Hey, we really need 7800 emulator with build-in monitor!!

post-5049-127862832904_thumb.png

• Like 1

Awesome! Thanks, Fandal!

Just replicated on Cuttle Cart as well and played through the game with invincibility on and weapons maxed out fairly early on.

Even still, the game is hard. Blasting everything I could (on EASY) and not caring whether I was hit, I still lost most of the earth's shield. Game wasn't any more interesting this time for me than I remembered it, though I wondered how I ever beat it before without the cheat code.

Was still cool to see this guy again

post-1046-127863760284_thumb.jpg

Edited by DracIsBack