IGNORED

Dantructor

newcoleco

I noticed that (under blueMSX) you can't return to foward gear after you've put the RamCar in reverse gear. Is that what you meant when you said the game is still buggy?

Yes, it's a bug regarding the "debounce" the joystick input done by the BIOS Poller routine. I've fixed it later, but I didn't post it yet... because we are in a discussion and I can't edit my own messages in this forum, which is very annoying.

Anyway, as for the ROM you have actually, you can "fix" the issue during the game by using the second controller like if it was set with the steering wheel. The bug is due to my wish to support both settings : steering wheel and joystick.

I think that both hacks are great and thanks for them, Daniel. I also agree that Slither would be great if it was hacked. Concerning Turbo, I don't know about anyone else but the Turbo rom that I have has a scoring bug that when a car passed you it resets the number of cars passed to different numbers. Daniel's hack has stopped that bug as far as I can tell.

Chuck

I had to do a few tests with Pitfall II Arcade on a real console this after-noon, and I used the opportunity to test Dantructor and DanTurbo. In Dantructor's case, the RamCar pivots at just the right speed, making the game quite playable. I actually played it for about 30 minutes, then my finger started getting tired (from holding down the accelerator pedal button) and I had to stop. Same goes for DanTurbo.

It was fun playing these games with a joystick on a real CV. Very nice work, Daniel. :)

Daniel, thank you for sharing your work!

Great to be able to play these without the steering wheel. I of course have the steering wheel controller like many here do, but it is just a pain in the ass sometimes to get it all set up just for one game. Can Dukes Of Hazzard be done?

And here it's Slither hacked to be played with joystick (port #1) as well as the roller controller. :D

I presume this one is bug free because the hack is very small. :cool:

ROM : danslither.zip

Again, you are not allowed to make cartridges of this ROM file. And if you find any cartridge of it, please report it to me so I can rage like a barbarian. :x

Enjoy! :lust:

Edited by newcoleco

And here it's Slither hacked to be played with joystick (port #1) as well as the roller controller. :D

Again, you are not allowed to make cartridges of this ROM file. And if you find any cartridge of it, please report it to me so I can rage like a barbarian. :x

Dan,

Again, thanks for the hacks on these games. Works great with BlueMSX and MESS. Works with Virtual ADAM if you pick joystick #1 but will only shoot down if you pick the standard controller and use the keys.

Dan,

Again, thanks for the hacks on these games. Works great with BlueMSX and MESS. Works with Virtual ADAM if you pick joystick #1 but will only shoot down if you pick the standard controller and use the keys.

Slither hack is only about the directions simulating the movements of the roller controller. The fire buttons do the same as the original version... I didn't change that at all.

Edited by newcoleco

And the last one, Victory hacked to be played with a regular Coleco controller. :D

Please notice that I think this game should have been done to use a SuperAction controller instead because this game uses 4 fire buttons. However, I've decided to use UP and DOWN to switch propulsion ON/OFF and to activate the shield. Left fire button shoot and Right fire button eliminated all ennemies on screen (I think they call it a bomb, it's a limited number of them anyway).

ROM : danvictory.zip

Because this hack is a little bit tricky, the support for the old setting with the roller controller is compromise, so use only joystick in port #1.

Again, you're not allowed to make cartridges of this. :x

Enjoy!

I can only seem to get Slither to fire in a downward direction...is this all it does or is there a trick to getting it to fire other directions?

Other than that, all four of these hacked roms are great...had a blast playing Destructor and Turbo.

Joe B.

DANTRUCTOR

DAN-TURBO

Daniel's Slither* and Victory

*Please notice for the hack I've done with Slither that I didn't touch anything regarding fire buttons. Seeing two comments about not being able to fire upward is curious... Well, try the version from my web site, maybe it will be better for you, but again the hack wasn't about fire buttons.

Edited by newcoleco

The problem appears to be with using Virtual ADAM/ADAMem -- you can only fire down (unless I'm doing something wrong). It fires up & down on BlueMSX, ColEM, VColeco & Meka.

Well, I've done videos on Youtube about my hacked ROM files, and I had no problem at all... maybe you should take a look at my web site and see if there is a difference. I've put there my "fixed" version of DANTRUCTOR so it worths checking out.

http://www.ccjvq.com/newcoleco

I have since discovered using Virtual ADAM if you go into the System settings and check under Controllers "Roller Controller (Joystick) you can then fire up & down...but then you can't move...

The problem appears to be with using Virtual ADAM/ADAMem -- you can only fire down (unless I'm doing something wrong). It fires up & down on BlueMSX, ColEM, VColeco & Meka.

Well, I've done videos on Youtube about my hacked ROM files, and I had no problem at all... maybe you should take a look at my web site and see if there is a difference. I've put there my "fixed" version of DANTRUCTOR so it worths checking out.

http://www.ccjvq.com/newcoleco

• 5 months later...