IGNORED

Colecovision Ultimate SD Cartridge

classics

I believe this is the logo image from the boot rom.

Steve

If you have any feature requests/comments/etc please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks,

Steve

I have a feature request.

I'd like a .pc file with the AtariMax Ultimate SD boot screen in the root of the /Coleco directory. That way at our Fall Retro Gaming Party when I have this thing out, I can have the ATARIMAX Screen displayed as an "Attract Screen."

Heck, it would be really cool if there was an actual attract screen when you were at the main menu--like a screen saver. Is that even possible?

Anyway, don't know if that would be very easy so I'd settle for a .pc file if you wanted to provide it.

myico.png

logo1.zip

CLASSICS:

Any chance you'll come out with one of these for the 8-bit Atari computer? I have six 8MB carts, and I bought the USB-interface programmer for them. None of having acquired that stuff would diminish my interest in and SD-card solution for the Atari 8-bit computer.

....and now - sorry for hijacking the thread - back to the topic at hand (which sounds pretty awesome).

Edited by wood_jl

I'd like a .pc file with the AtariMax Ultimate SD boot screen in the root of the /Coleco directory. That way at our Fall Retro Gaming Party when I have this thing out, I can have the ATARIMAX Screen displayed as an "Attract Screen."

Heck, it would be really cool if there was an actual attract screen when you were at the main menu--like a screen saver. Is that even possible?

Anyway, don't know if that would be very easy so I'd settle for a .pc file if you wanted to provide it.

I agree an attract mod would be nice, something similar to the classic arcade machines.

I agree an attract mod would be nice, something similar to the classic arcade machines.

Retroillucid was going to make me a rom at some point with some graphics I provided him... Think he got sidetracked. Of course, I've been awfully busy too so I'm not too worried about it... and I owe him an update on some graphics I was working on. :D

If a ROM were made, it could be something as simple as an Atarimax logo in rotation with a fake high score board with some of the programmers initials or something. Hitting a button could exit the attract mode and dump you into the directory listing.

Edited by Madaracs

I got one of these sd carts last week and it works really good.

(It was my birthday gift from my family!)

I had to use the patch for the menu because the text was off the screen on my 4:3 crt.

Of course on a 16:9 lcd it was fine...

The cart works well and I like that you can make folders and put roms in them any way you like.

This gives you the freedom to copy different sets of roms to their own folders.

I'd like to see the menu look more like it does on the 5200 usb cart. The coleco SD cart menu text

is kinda large.

Great product and I would recommend it to any one who loves the CV.

Well, I *FINALLY* got my SD Cart loaded up today, and it works great! Thanks to those here on the forums with ideas, suggestions, and guys like Niad who gave us a nice foundation to build on. :) Steve-- I know I'm late to the party to sing your praises, but you've got another winner here! :)

If you haven't gotten one of these yet, what are you waiting for! It RAWKS! :)

Edited by Murph74

Glad I could help and save you some time and also need to thank Retroillucid for his BoxArt and David Harley for his properly formatted cartridge instruction manuals. BTW, I'm glad the worst is done cause it was no fun going through all the screenshots and converting them with CVPaint... it was more fun playing through the games to take the screenshots that I hadn't already done for the emulator frontend program I use!

I was planning on trying to knock off the rest of the stuff that is still missing, but I've been sidetracked with the CV & ADAM Collection the last couple months and hope to have some good news about this early next year... if you guys were wondering since there hasn't been an update in a while. :cool:

Has anyone heard if Steve has sold out on his initial run of carts yet? What was it, like 100?

• 3 weeks later...

CLASSICS:

Any chance you'll come out with one of these for the 8-bit Atari computer? I have six 8MB carts, and I bought the USB-interface programmer for them. None of having acquired that stuff would diminish my interest in and SD-card solution for the Atari 8-bit computer.

....and now - sorry for hijacking the thread - back to the topic at hand (which sounds pretty awesome).

I'm working on porting the menu software to the Atari 5200 at the moment, so if that goes well I might make a few for the 8-bit as well, which is a pretty easy target after getting the 5200 working.

Steve

Retroillucid was going to make me a rom at some point with some graphics I provided him... Think he got sidetracked. Of course, I've been awfully busy too so I'm not too worried about it... and I owe him an update on some graphics I was working on. :D

If a ROM were made, it could be something as simple as an Atarimax logo in rotation with a fake high score board with some of the programmers initials or something. Hitting a button could exit the attract mode and dump you into the directory listing.

I could put in some code to cycle through the available screenshots if the menu is idle for a few minutes. Is that sort of what you had in mind?

Steve

Steve did you ever attempt to make an .txt file editable while inserted in a ColecoVision for high scores?

I haven't had time to work on the menu software much lately. I'll have a few weeks between Christmas and the start of spring semester. I'll see if I can get it working then. :-)

Steve

the fact that I didnt see the first line of characters on the left

has nothing to do with the sd multicart

I think all the games are like that

is it a known default of the Colecovision?

I guess its a known 'feature' of the Colecovsion VDP. I always used mine with a LCD TV and had no idea those characters were off screen.

Steve

Just an issue with older style TVs (called overscan) and the RF type of hookup. Use a Composite or RGB Monitor or a LCD TV with Composite/Component modded ColecoVision and you don't have this problem.

Just an issue with older style TVs (called overscan) and the RF type of hookup. Use a Composite or RGB Monitor or a LCD TV with Composite/Component modded ColecoVision and you don't have this problem.

Thats true, but it should be made to work on original hardware, including a crt that overscans. There is a fix in this thread for that problem.

I hope future update, if any are needed, include that fix.

I'm enjoying the SD-cart and Mario Bros and Mr Chin are great homebrews! What I would like is to see if J-F (Retroillucid) would sell some some manuals to go with these great games? I like collecting the manuals to my games and would be willing to pay a few bucks for the manuals.

J-F... need a few extra dollars? PM me and maybe I can buy a manual for Mr Chin and Mario Bros. :)

I'm enjoying the SD-cart and Mario Bros and Mr Chin are great homebrews! What I would like is to see if J-F (Retroillucid) would sell some some manuals to go with these great games? I like collecting the manuals to my games and would be willing to pay a few bucks for the manuals.

J-F... need a few extra dollars? PM me and maybe I can buy a manual for Mr Chin and Mario Bros. :)

That was planned ;) ... I just not post/talk about this before.... so here we are :)

If you need/want a manual for Mr Chin and/or Mario Bros , simply contact me

Et voila! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There is a minor boot-rom update available for a startup screen glitch that can occasionally occur.

Not a required update by any means but if anyone wants to help pre-test it before I post it please drop me a PM. :-)

Steve