IGNORED

Colecovision Ultimate SD Cartridge

classics

Pre-Ordering information is now up, including details on the bonus pack-in games to be included with the kit! :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166442-colecovision-ultimate-sd-cartridge-pre-ordering-now-available/

Thanks,

Steve

Looks terrific... ORDER IS IN!! Can't wait.

Just received mine in the mail today and for the couple minutes that I have played with it, I give it TWO THUMBS UP!

Great job Steve on another fantastic product.

Jim

Pre-Ordering information is now up, including details on the bonus pack-in games to be included with the kit! :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166442-colecovision-ultimate-sd-cartridge-pre-ordering-now-available/

Thanks,

Steve

Just received mine in the mail today and for the couple minutes that I have played with it, I give it TWO THUMBS UP!

Jim

My pet chimp gives it four thumbs up...

Hey Steve,

Has shipments started on these bad boys?

I am dieing to get my hands on this one. Getting sick of just playing Turbo (my only cart) on my CV

Yep, I'm moving through the pre-orders now.

As of tomorrow morning they are about half shipped. I'm e-mailing confirmations and tracking numbers as I go. :)

Steve

Thanks,

Steve

Jim

My pet chimp gives it four thumbs up...

If I had two more thumbs, they would all be up as well. Another terrific homebrew product that I will cherish for years.

Since THAT OTHER thread is locked, I'd like to once again thank ALL those involved in homebrew development on the CV/ADAM... past and present!

Benjamin Heckendorn

Bill Loguidice

Bruce Tomlin

Bryan Edewaard

Charles-Mathieu Boyer

Charles Morgan

Dale Crum

Dale Wick

Daniel Bienvenu

Dvik & Joyrex

Dwane413

Eduardo Mello

Frank Emanuele

Guy Foster

Harvey deKleine

Jay Tilton

Jean-François Dupuis

Jean-Philippe Meola

Jess Ragan

Joe Grand

Joe Santulli

John Donzila

Joseph Kollar

Kevin Horton

Luc Miron

Marat Fayzullin

Marcel De Kogel

Marc Oberhäuser

Mark Mazure

Mathieu Boyer

Mathieu Proulx

Michael Dullum

Neal Danner

Norman Nithman

Philipp Klaus Krause

Richard F. Drushel

Robert

Sandra Tirone

Scott Huggins

Sean Kelly

Serge Èric Tremblay

Steve Bégin

Steve Tucker

Stuart Russell

Sylvian De Chantal

Todd Scheele

Yannick Proulx

Ole Nielsen

AtariAge

and on and on (gotta stop somewhere, hope no one takes it the wrong way if your not listed!). You've pumped new life into the CV and I truly appreciate it and all your efforts!

Jim

Last updated July 27. 2010.

I received my SD Multi-Cart in the mail from Steve today. I have to say it is absolutely awesome!!! Packaged very nicely and even inside an anti-static bag. The ability to view manuals and screenshots are fantastic bonuses. This is a must have item in my opinion.

+ 1

Steve got mine today, looking forward to booting it up tomorrow to check it out. Question: what file formats are supported for the ROM images? ZIP? RAR? Or only ROM? And do they all go in the 32k ROM folder? (The ones under 32K, anyway).

Steve got mine today, looking forward to booting it up tomorrow to check it out. Question: what file formats are supported for the ROM images? ZIP? RAR? Or only ROM? And do they all go in the 32k ROM folder? (The ones under 32K, anyway).

Only ROM/BIN files, you will have to unzip/unrar them if they are compressed.

You can put the files anywhere you want, the 32K folder is just a suggestion. I use four folders like:

32K ROMs (A-G)

32K ROMs (H-N)

etc..

Just because putting a huge number of files in a single directory and having directory sorting turned on makes the directory browsing somewhat slower than I like, and I much prefer to have sorting on all the time.

Steve

Only ROM/BIN files, you will have to unzip/unrar them if they are compressed.

You can put the files anywhere you want, the 32K folder is just a suggestion. I use four folders like:

32K ROMs (A-G)

32K ROMs (H-N)

etc..

Just because putting a huge number of files in a single directory and having directory sorting turned on makes the directory browsing somewhat slower than I like, and I much prefer to have sorting on all the time.

Steve

Is there anyway to keep the .rom file extension from showing up on the list with the SD multi? The 128-1 actually had an option to rename a rom in the list to whatever you wanted. Since this multi seem much more advanced, thought it might be possible.

Is there anyway to keep the .rom file extension from showing up on the list with the SD multi? The 128-1 actually had an option to rename a rom in the list to whatever you wanted. Since this multi seem much more advanced, thought it might be possible.

Press '*' to access the settings. Select the option to hide the .rom extensions and press '*' again to exit.

I believe it currently only hides extensions that are '.rom', but i'm going to add a few more.

Steve

Press '*' to access the settings. Select the option to hide the .rom extensions and press '*' again to exit.

I believe it currently only hides extensions that are '.rom', but i'm going to add a few more.

Steve

Thanks, I will try that.

Sent you a question via email also.

Just got my cart today. I must say this absolutely looks like a commercial product. I am at work so cannot test it but cosmetically it looks fantastic. Just want to get home and fire up my CV!!

Thanks so much Steve. Looks like an excellent product.

This video will be no more after tonight. And it's not an authorisation to copy it and distribute to everybody.

I'm showing the scaneline effect on a good old tvset. with AtariMax USB CV multicart and a tiny homebrew game where part of the text isn't visible.

Thanks for the video...

I have posted a test menu that is restricted to using only the center 30 columns.

Please let me know if it works for you.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=987

Steve

I received mine! This works great! Mario and Mr Chin are freaking great too! Kudos to the programmers!!! The gf and I definitely don't team up, we'd rather force-kill each other. I had never heard of Chin until this, so it was a new game!

Thanks Steve! :D

Anyone debating getting the Ultimate package, get it!!

Edited by psquare75

I have posted a test menu that is restricted to using only the center 30 columns.

Just wondering, anyone have a chance to try this out?

Any need for a 40 column mode as well? 40 column mode has smaller tiles and is restricted to black and white I believe, but should have more usable screen space.

Steve

Any need for a 40 column mode as well? 40 column mode has smaller tiles and is restricted to black and white I believe, but should have more usable screen space.

Steve

What about being able to edit a .txt file on the SD card without removing it from the ColecoVision?

I made a Hall of Fame.txt and put high scores for all the games my girlfriend and I enjoy playing as well as the Twin Galaxies record scores. It would be great to be able to change the scores in this .txt file.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve

I had a chance and it works great.

I found a bug in my cartridge I think...

I copied the 3.12 ColecoVision FAQ to my cartridge just to see how it would read. It's pretty huge.

I currently have my directories setup like this:

/Coleco Adam

/Coleco Demos

/Coleco Prototypes

/Coleco ROMs

/CollectorVision Bonus

/Firmware Backup

/Images

/Manuals

/System Test

cvsdos.sto

The 3.12-Coleco-FAQ.txt is located in /Manuals.

If I open the /Manuals directory, and open the 3.12-Coleco-FAQ.txt, close the text file and return to the main directory listing... /Coleco Demos now reads garbage... with bleed over from the 3.12 FAQ text file clearly visible. It's kinda wacky.

I ran the diagnostics (BTW-The System Test utilities are flippin' brilliant.) and everything appears to be good on that ColecoVision. I haven't tested it on one of my other ones.

It's not a big deal really. The moral of the story is not to have that enormous text file on my SD Card. ;)

Just thought I'd post it for posterity in the event there is a similar issue.

If you have any feature requests/comments/etc please feel free to ask. :)

Thanks,

Steve

I have a feature request.

I'd like a .pc file with the AtariMax Ultimate SD boot screen in the root of the /Coleco directory. That way at our Fall Retro Gaming Party when I have this thing out, I can have the ATARIMAX Screen displayed as an "Attract Screen."

Heck, it would be really cool if there was an actual attract screen when you were at the main menu--like a screen saver. Is that even possible?

Anyway, don't know if that would be very easy so I'd settle for a .pc file if you wanted to provide it.

myico.png