IGNORED

Full Color 7800 Cartridge label replacements I made

Underball

So after receiving a few new one-offs from another AA member this week in blank shells, I decided to make labels for them. But I realized that since I went through the bother of setting up a label template in Photoshop, I might as well do replacement labels for all the ones I had that were bad, worn out, torn, etc.

So enjoy:

post-17667-127869908935_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869911446_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869912806_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869914317_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869915567_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869917276_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869918777_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869920776_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869922295_thumb.jpg

post-17667-127869924139_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice job, those look great!

Just out of curiosity, what kind of printer/labels do you use?

Thanks again for the awesome carts.

I've been ganging then up 6 to a page on an 8.5x11 sheet in Photoshop, and then printing them to a Xerox Docucolor 252 laser printer here at my office (when nobody is looking) on Avery 8.5x11 full page sticky back labels and cutting them by hand with scissors.

They're sized at exact Atari Cart label window dimensions 2.75" x 3.4" at 600dpi.

Those are very nice. I especially like your Kung-Fu Master label. I've always wanted to put all the Activision and Absolute games in Atari shells with nice full color labels. Now, I'd hate to mess up a cart because those seem to be the more rare ones and I wouldn't want people thinking I had knockoffs of those games.

It always bothered me that my 7800 collection wasn't uniform and the Activision shells felt cheap to me.

I like the Activision shells themselves, but those later Text only black & white or Blue & white labels are terrible. I know they're more "rare" but I really dont' get into the whole collectibles thing. I just like the games, and the text labels look like shit.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the original Activision 2600 cart labels? I need to replace a few Actiplaque ones, and I have a Robot Tank Blue & White text label taht is begging to be replaced with an original Activision picture label type...

I have a Robot Tank Blue & White text label taht is begging to be replaced with an original Activision picture label type...

I would LOVE it if someone made label art for all the 2600 Activision games that had generic screenshot labels. That's another thing I've always wanted to do.

Some of the later Activision labels looked great, like Private Eye, Beamrider, Pitfall II, HERO, etc. They made nice art for games on other systems like River Raid, Keystone Kapers, etc. but the 2600 just got the generic screenshot on the label. I'd love to see that nice art make its way to a 2600 label.

That is an example of a coincidence, not irony. Just FYI.

ZylonBane, stop posting as horseboy! :P

Again, awesome job on the labels, Underball.

at atari7800.com there are new reproduction prints of original 1984 Warner Holoptic lables that have been made. there was only one sample that i got to see but it looked absolutely bad to the bone believe me it rocks. it's printed on actual aluminum foil paper or something you can see the grain in the metal like its stainless steel. and then the white lines i guess are printed over it and then the graphic and the text. it looks just like the originals except with a more holographic feel. now it's just a matter of getting them to peel apart properly. all of the original fabulous eleven titles are being redone so that people can take a used cart they pick up with a black and grey label and replace it with the full color holographic one. plus there are labels for other 1984 games like track & field, tempest and the computer module cartridges. idk when lots of them are gonna be printed but they look more or less like this one:

4778319311_d0d0d2047c.jpg

• Like 1

just because it took a lot of effort and time to create and he's very proud of his work and doesnt want it ripped before the project is done and also im not really supposed to post it around yet i dont think. i'm not really sure. its the only sample i have without all the 50 game titles coming off of it in the ribbons. but i think it looks cool especially the printed sample i saw.

Edited by Atari Joe

at atari7800.com there are new reproduction prints of original 1984 Warner Holoptic lables that have been made.

I'm not sure I fully understood what you were saying... Will these be made available for the entire 7800 library, and if so, any idea for how much? I may just have to get a collection of duplicates to replace the labels with these. They look pretty awesome and may finally give the uniform look that I've wanted for years.

• 10 years later...

Please, please, PLEASE look at the date of the last post before replying. The last post was made TEN years ago. Then click on the name of the poster and see when they last visited. The original poster hasn't been online in over EIGHT years. The post you made will most likely never be answered by the original poster. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't have even made my post either...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, john_q_atari said:

Please, please, PLEASE look at the date of the last post before replying. The last post was made TEN years ago. Then click on the name of the poster and see when they last visited. The original poster hasn't been online in over EIGHT years. The post you made will most likely never be answered by the original poster. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't have even made my post either...

Good point! Although, often times when posting a reply (even if the OP is no longer online) another member may have an answer...

But I hear you!

35 minutes ago, GoldenWheels said:

Who did the foil labels a while back? I know some of us re-kitted their whole library with them, and I really like them.

That thread is here. I have a set. They are sweet. I still haven't made the time to strip the originals and replace them but I highly recommend them. 

• Like 4