IGNORED

Combat II Advanced Contest Results

Albert

/features/contests/Combat2/index.htmlThe Combat II Advanced Contest is now over and we have randomly chosen two winners from all the postcards that were submitted! The lucky recipients of limited edition Combat II Advanced cartridges are Chris Johnson of South Perth, Australia, and Fred Hiss of Arvada, Colorado. Thanks to everyone who submitted a postcard and made this a successful and enjoyable contest! You can view all the submitted postcards here.

AtariAge is now selling copies of Combat II Advanced, and the first 100 cartridges feature a reflective gold label. You can find Combat II Advanced in our store here.

A big thank you to Mean Hamster Software and AtariAge for the compo.

Congratulations! We should be starting a new contest soon, this one will be a label contest. Haven't done one of those in a while. :)

Now I have to get a 5200.  :D

You don't have a 5200 yet? Were these ever sold in Australia? :)

..Al

Al & Al:

I found 2 problems with the AA site & Combat II this morning:

1) I didn't win! :(

& 2) Due to the crushing defeat in the contest, I decided I wanted to buy the cartridge. Much to my disappointment, I was unable to submit the order using my web browser, Opera 5.12. Each time I tried, with Java enabled, trying out Browser IDs of all sorts (Opera, IE, Mozilla), I was shown a page stating that I had not filled in all of the required fields. Actually, I had filled out all of the fields; something just wasn't working properly. SO, I had to resort to launching IE to order the game. If you can fix that by the next time I order something that would be terrific.

Thanks,

Steve

1) I didn't win!  :(

Sorry! May you have better luck in the next contest.. ;)

Each time I tried, with Java enabled, trying out Browser IDs of all sorts (Opera, IE, Mozilla), I was shown a page stating that I had not filled in all of the required fields. Actually, I had filled out all of the fields; something just wasn't working properly. SO, I had to resort to launching IE to order the game. If you can fix that by the next time I order something that would be terrific.

Depending on when you next order, we should have a brand new store online that does not use the order form you are having problems with. We have looked at this before and haven't been able to determine the problem, but we'll take a look again. I'm sorry you had to fire up IE to fill out the order form, but I'm glad it worked for you then..

..Al

You don't have a 5200 yet?  Were these ever sold in Australia?

I don't think they were.

Finally, another note about the 5200 power supply. The 5200 power supply is 11.5 volts DC @ 1.95 amps and has a standard type coaxial  

plug (center positive 5mm OD, 2.1mm ID).

Is this happy with a 12V power supply rated to 2A? If so, it would mean I could get a US unit and just buy a local power adapter.

Anyone got a 5200 for sale/trade?

Now everyone's going to want a bonus T-shirt!

Oops.

Well, by T-shirt I meant... umm... bubble-wrap! Yeah, thanks for the really well packed cart that had absolutely no free shirt included, no sir. :ponder:

(Now we need another hi-score compo that I can wear my... bubble-wrap... for when I take the photo.)