IGNORED

artwork icons for development resources thread

retroclouds

As I'm adding more stuff to the development resources thread, it becomes obvious that some kind of category icons

would make a lot of sense.

As I have like zero artwork skills, I'm hoping some talented people could help me out here :D

What I'm looking for is a set of homebrew art icons to indicate the below:

* Status indication

A=Still in development

B=Hasn't seen any update for over a year

C=Dead beef, hasn't seen any update for a long time

* Required support libraries

A=.NET

B=Java

C=Flash

Additional icons:

* Authors home page

* Development thread at Atariage

* Screenshot(s)

* Source code available

* Video of program in action

* Documentation available

The icons should all have the same size and should not be too big, they will be used as hyperlinks.

Some TI retro style artwork would be cool ofcourse.

Any ideas welcome :)

Edited by retroclouds

Here's an idea for the first batch, using TI-ish keyboard buttons and commands to indicate project status. See what you think.

post-25494-127930659658_thumb.png post-25494-127930661024_thumb.png post-25494-127930661723_thumb.png

My other idea so far was using game characters (MunchMan for active, Tombstone City for dead, etc), but it's a little too abstract I think for status icons. :)

Edited by The Codex

nice :)

Dunno if the button style is appropriate for indicating a particular status.

Would be cool though for things you can access, e.g. key for accessing authors' home page, etc.

I wouldn't mind using some TI game characters either.

After all, we're in the TI-99/4A game programming forum, I like the idea of using munchan and tombstone city.

It wouldn't be a problem adding a legend and we also have the URL title that appears when hovering over the icon.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it a lot.

Here are some button icons for the links. They are, in order:

Home Page - Atari Age Forum - Screenshot - Video - Source Code - Documentation

post-25494-127963613038_thumb.png post-25494-127963613907_thumb.png post-25494-127963614734_thumb.png post-25494-127963615921_thumb.png post-25494-127963616997_thumb.png post-25494-127963618069_thumb.png

The text labels are done using TI palette colors. Let me know your thoughts on these, and in the meantime I'll work on doing some TI character icons for the status and languages.

Here are some button icons for the links. They are, in order:

Home Page - Atari Age Forum - Screenshot - Video - Source Code - Documentation

post-25494-127963613038_thumb.png post-25494-127963613907_thumb.png post-25494-127963614734_thumb.png post-25494-127963615921_thumb.png post-25494-127963616997_thumb.png post-25494-127963618069_thumb.png

The text labels are done using TI palette colors. Let me know your thoughts on these, and in the meantime I'll work on doing some TI character icons for the status and languages.

Very nice! I like them, I'll sure be using these in my next update. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind using some TI game characters either.

After all, we're in the TI-99/4A game programming forum, I like the idea of using munchan and tombstone city.

Yeah, good idea Codex. :) Maybe you can show the game graphic doing something to convey the message, like if Munch Man is for "Active Development", show him happily cruising along. Doesn't that game write messages between levels like "KEEP MOVING!"? :)

I move at the speed of thick mud, but I've made a couple rough ideas, some using an iconic TI image (not a game character). :)

Retroclouds, with your permission I will email them to you, and if you like them, you can post them here for me. (Long story, just easier for me to email images.)

--Rich

I move at the speed of thick mud, but I've made a couple rough ideas, some using an iconic TI image (not a game character). :)

Retroclouds, with your permission I will email them to you, and if you like them, you can post them here for me. (Long story, just easier for me to email images.)

--Rich

Hi Rich, sure send them along. Looking forward to it :)

• 4 weeks later...

I did some testing adding icon images to the development resources thread.

Looked ok so far, but I bumped into a limit set by the IP board forum software, apparently there is a max. amount of images you can use in a single post :(

Therefore I have dropped the idea of adding icon images to the thread.

The icon images aren't lost though, I'll see if I can reuse them at a later point.