IGNORED

H2

batari

I am going to melt 5 BBlazer carts together in an oven right after breakfast so my own 5x pokey will be done at 350 in 15 minutes. This by far will beat all other options and will prove faster than both a turtle, hare, and all previous earth creatures any one of you have ever known.

My only hold back for the release to the dumpster will be coming up with the name...uh ok quad is for four and it would be qzad uh no it would be...ummm.ahhh.. sorry folks this could take 45 years.

• Like 2

And this is why the new QuintOKEYTM will be super epic. 20 channels of amazing multi-instrument synthesis, capable of rivaling even the Atari AMY. The cartridges can even be used to make julienne fries in a heartbeat!

With one of these, I could easily port Gyruss, and have it nearly arcade perfect, in the sound department! *crosses fingers behind back*

...and you didn't hear that.

• Like 2

Jeez, this thread is nearly SIX years old.

I know, Time flies. I sold all my 7800 stuff to focus on other systems. I could not wait anymore. I was OCD on this thread. :) I was looking back at some of my old posts in this thread. I had no kids and was living in an apt. Now I have a four year old, a house and another one the way. :) I remember 2010 was the "year of the 7800" I was so close to putting down $ on the expansion too. Glad I did not. :) I hope this gets made one day and released. I really do as well as the expansion.

Edited by slackerwithin
  • Like 2

I know, Time flies. I sold all my 7800 stuff to focus on other systems. I could not wait anymore. I was OCD on this thread. :) I was looking back at some of my old posts in this thread. I had no kids and was living in an apt. Now I have a four year old, a house and another one the way. :) I remember 2010 was the "year of the 7800" I was so close to putting down $ on the expansion too. Glad I did not. :) I hope this gets made one day and released. I really do as well as the expansion.

I was the same with the expansion. Hope it gets made but glad I didn't drop money on it

• Like 2

I played 7800 today with my 14 year old daughter. Sell never!!!

Just buy 25 or so homebrews and game on!

Hey if you live in the states they are a bargin for the cheaper shipping and you dont take a hit on the dollar buy em up!!

• Like 2

Bah, neither will have speech synthesis, next PCB for the 7800 will have a speech chip on board.

That would likely enable speech while gameplay is still moving like an atarivox?

Would these carts cost considerably more than your standard, well not so standard versacart?

Just wondering..

Astroblaster talks and has no special sound chips, unless there is hardware inside the cart I'm not aware of. I'm guessing it is stuffing the 4-bit sound register of TIA every scanline to pull it off. 2600 games can only output wave sound while blacked out (ie Quadrun, Berzerk VE) unless they use DPC chips (ie Pitfall II or Chetiry). I'm not sure how the 7800 Maria handles onscreen sprites but if static graphics can be displayed onscreen without taxing the CPU, there should be plenty of time to stream 4-bit 15kHz PCM to the TIA, which is only used for sound in 7800 mode.

• 1 month later...

Where can one buy a CC2 for a reasonable price then?

You can't, actually. Best bet is to stalk eBay, where one might appear every few months.

Here's the last few:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cuttle-Cart-2-New-Atari-7800-Chad-Schells-Electronics-Rare-/222177770272?hash=item33bad3bb20:g:5o0AAOSwXeJXfCP8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-7800-Cuttle-Cart-2-Multi-Cart-by-Chad-Schell-Multicart-/131751854295?nma=true&si=XKtx919%252BDS1AQMWguizRHXLPN%252BQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Definitely need a new product to fill this niche in the marketplace...

-a2a

Where can one buy a CC2 for a reasonable price then?

That can't be done. The person I was quoting was asking about any flash cart for the 7800 so I felt the need to remind them that there are others already out. The CC2 and that 16 in 1. Myself I'm waiting patiently for the H2. CC2 is too expensive and the 16 in 1 is too limited.

Yes and it doesn't support 2600 mode that I'm aware of. When I buy a flash cart I want it to be one stop shopping.

I would prefer this too, but if it comes at the cost of hampering final production of a 7800 SD Cart like the Concerto, to the point of being permanently stalled in production limbo, I'm ok without that feature. Especially since I already own a Harmony cart, and they are plentiful and available (and cheap) for anyone who doesn't.

• Like 3