IGNORED

H2

batari

I believe it's spelled "whine" or "whiner" as in "Would you like some cheeze with that whine?" :rolling:

nice try (that's a USA colloquialism) - but not in the UK (where i live)

whinge (wĭnj, hwĭnj)

intr.v. whinged, whing·ing, whing·es Chiefly British

whing′ing·ly adv.

whing′er n.

To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

i think that gives me a 7-3 lead (TD & PAT to your FG)

;-)

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

i'm about to pick up a 7800. i'm very interested in this

Get one. You won't regret it.

As for the 7800 and the H2, I now have flashcarts for every other retro console I own:

Harmony 1 for the Atari VCS.

Powerpak for the NES.

Everdrives for the Famicom, SNES, Genesis, TG-16, N64, and Gameboy.

Show us some 7800 love finally...

Edited by stardust4ever

• 7 months later...

Get one. You won't regret it.

As for the 7800 and the H2, I now have flashcarts for every other retro console I own:

Harmony 1 for the Atari VCS.

Powerpak for the NES.

Everdrives for the Famicom, SNES, Genesis, TG-16, N64, and Gameboy.

Show us some 7800 love finally...

Still nothing for the Vectrex or the Atari Jaguar… but in case of the Jag, it's because the community doesn't support them and think they'll all become hundredaires if they restrict ROMs.

Edited by Lynxpro
  • Like 1

As much as I don't want to malign the other console-fans, I have to admit that the 7800 crowd has been very friendly and open. There's a lot more of a sense of community and enthusiasm when people do something new. I'm not saying that we're entirely drama-free, but it's night and day here compared to the crap we see down the forums...

• Like 2

Still nothing for the Vectrex or the Atari Jaguar… but in case of the Jag, it's because the community doesn't support them and think they'll all become hundredaires if they restrict ROMs.

Multi-cart for Jaguar in development - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226918-lynx-multi-cart/?p=3398531

• Like 1

Still nothing for the Vectrex or ...

For Vectrex there is also the Mateos Burner Dumper and multi-cart, which are 2 devices.

You can plug your cart into one part and USB to your computer, and the ROM will show up mounted like a flash drive which you can drag to your computer.

The other device is a 16-in-one cart. Plug that into the dumper and select a position with the dial switch, connect USB to computer and drag any Vectrex rom to the mounted "drive", unmount, then the game is on the cart.

Any 32K or smaller you can put 16 games.

It also supports 64K sizes. They take up 2 "slots" so in 64K mode it will have 8-in-one, or 8 positions of the knob switch will have 8 games 64K or smaller.

Richard H's VecMulti is nicer, but cannot do 64K.

There are not many 64K size games presently, but my personalised Vecmania dumped to 64K. Kristof Tuts next game is 64K.

Also for completeness I must say I could not get a 64K game to load onto the cart with an Apple iMac OSX. When mounting the cart as a "drive", OS X puts 3 hidden folders like .trash and you can't delete them and the few Kilobytes they take up do not leave enough room to copy the 64K rom. (Maybe there is an app to not allow the hidden folders to be created. I know there are programs that clean things when mounting and ejecting, and I have one running, but it didn't help in this case.)

Apologies to batari for hijacking his thread. You can move or copy the above to a multi-Cart thread.

On topic for this year 2010 thread: How big a problem is the POKEY location issue? Can it be fixed with software/bios, or is hardware needed?

For Vectrex there is also the Mateos Burner Dumper and multi-cart, which are 2 devices.

You can plug your cart into one part and USB to your computer, and the ROM will show up mounted like a flash drive which you can drag to your computer.

The other device is a 16-in-one cart. Plug that into the dumper and select a position with the dial switch, connect USB to computer and drag any Vectrex rom to the mounted "drive", unmount, then the game is on the cart.

It also supports 64K sizes. They take up 2 "slots" so in 64K mode it will have 8-in-one, or 8 positions of the knob switch will have 8 games 64K or smaller.

There are not many 64K size games presently, but my personalised Vecmania dumped to 64K. Kristof Tuts next game is 64K.

Also for completeness I must say I could not get a 64K game to load onto the cart with an Apple iMac OSX. When mounting the cart as a "drive", OS X puts 3 hidden folders like .trash and you can't delete them and the few Kilobytes they take up do not leave enough room to copy the 64K rom. (Maybe there is an app to not allow the hidden folders to be created. I know there are programs that clean things when mounting and ejecting, and I have one running, but it didn't help in this case.)

Apologies to batari for hijacking his thread. You can move or copy the above to a multi-Cart thread.

On topic for this year 2010 thread: How big a problem is the POKEY location issue? Can it be fixed with software/bios, or is hardware needed?

Nice, but if we include cart dumping, then that would invalidate my comment about the Jaguar community since they nearly-collectively tout the Skunkboard as a viable answer to requests for an SD Cartridge Adapter.

I'm glad to read there's an SD option for the Vectrex and one in development [finally] for the Jag.

Thanks for all the info, people! :)

Let´s not hijack this thread, but as far as I remember I have 64k ROM images running both on the Mateos cart and also the VecMulti.

Erm yeah, to back up VectrexRoli there, VecMulti definitely does 64k games, how else was I able to playtest Vector Pilot and Vector Patrol on a real Vectrex?!

Is there a Pokey issue with (H2) Concerto not having sound with Bentley Bear and DK XM?
Didn't I read that a write to Pokey at $4000 doesn't affect burned ROM data at $4000, but will change the "rom" data on the Concerto?
Why do the altered ($4500 pokey ??) location files fail also?

I'm also interested in buying this. Any news as far as the release date is concerned?

There's some mysterious bug that prevents the Concerto from working on like 2% of consoles. We are waiting on a bug fix so that an underwhelming minority of users won't have issues. Worst case scenario, if it can't be fixed, just release it anyway and offer a moneyback guarantee or exchange policy in case you're one of the unlucky ones with a bad Atari... :roll:

As for the Pokey bug, I imagine a firmware update to Harmony or a homebrew patch could fix the issue if that is really what's keeping it. For the time being, customers still have to supply their own Pokey so it's not a showstopper.

Armchair quarterback developer here. Please disregard my rambles... :P

• 1 month later...

There's some mysterious bug that prevents the Concerto from working on like 2% of consoles. We are waiting on a bug fix so that an underwhelming minority of users won't have issues. Worst case scenario, if it can't be fixed, just release it anyway and offer a moneyback guarantee or exchange policy in case you're one of the unlucky ones with a bad Atari... :roll:

As for the Pokey bug, I imagine a firmware update to Harmony or a homebrew patch could fix the issue if that is really what's keeping it. For the time being, customers still have to supply their own Pokey so it's not a showstopper.

Armchair quarterback developer here. Please disregard my rambles... :P

I knew there were compatibility issues but is that really the only holdup? I have an AV modded 7800, so if it didn't work, I'd be :skull: :skull: :skull:. As for supplying a Pokey, I can get a game that has one, but can't install that myself.

I knew there were compatibility issues but is that really the only holdup? I have an AV modded 7800, so if it didn't work, I'd be :skull: :skull: :skull:. As for supplying a Pokey, I can get a game that has one, but can't install that myself.

Desoldering chips is a PITA, but I have done it and can do it again. I just want this to get out so I can enjoy WIP or unreleased homebrew and test game carts before I plunk down money on them.

That is not the only holdup- certain games don't load (Double Dragon, Rampage, b*nQ, maybe others) and some features (HSC) aren't enabled yet.

It's a great product and worth the wait. If you want one early, post interest and maybe one of the beta testers will sell.

also a few issues loading up some of the smaller 2600 games. Still crazy glad i picked one up at this year's PRGE. Love it.

Edited by funknflow5200
  • Like 1