IGNORED

H2

batari

Why not keep older Harmony cart for 2600, it already works with dang near anything anyway.

I have the older Harmony and was waiting for Concerto. I was hoping also the Concerto would support the larger Encore ROMs and advanced mappers the original Harmony did not support. Encore isn't really worth the upgrade to me for the tiny handful of homebrew ROMs that won't run on the original. But I look forward to trying out 7800 homebrew and especially Pokey games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do not think there is. And he does not owe us a dime.

Wasn't meaning to come across harshly if I did, just noting the time frame and curious about the reality of it all since I'm unaware of any other current hardware that can offer the same but I just picked up another 7800 which is why I'm here and asking. =)

I have one of the first run units and it plays great for me. I think Batari is trying to squash a few small bugs on it and finish the Hokey chip before releasing it. Of course he has real life outside of the hobby as well.

I am planning on bringing mine to the SC3 party in Anaheim next Saturday if anyone wants to check it out in person.

Mitch

• Like 2

Wasn't meaning to come across harshly if I did, just noting the time frame and curious about the reality of it all since I'm unaware of any other current hardware that can offer the same but I just picked up another 7800 which is why I'm here and asking. =)

Ok cool!

Personally..

Take your time.. Get it right... We appreciate the dedication to detail..

We know it's coming and that you'll make a great product!!

Conscience: Altruistic sounding.. So, you're not going to mention that the real reason is that you have a CC2, and the longer they take, the better you can feel because YOU have a flash cart. Which is truly sad that you get so much enjoyment in that.. Can't you just be happy for any and all projects that help the 7800 community? You really need to get some perspective...

Brain: Shut up conscience.. Remember when you told me I needed to move to Diet Coke, because all that sugar was killing me? Now people are saying real sugar is good and those chemicals I'm addicted to are bad!!! I'm not trusting you any more... CC2 Rules!!!

Conscience: <sigh>

desiv

Personally..

Take your time.. Get it right... We appreciate the dedication to detail..

We know it's coming and that you'll make a great product!!

This!

Brain: Shut up conscience.. Remember when you told me I needed to move to Diet Coke, because all that sugar was killing me? Now people are saying real sugar is good and those chemicals I'm addicted to are bad!!! I'm not trusting you any more... CC2 Rules!!!

Conscience: <sigh>

desiv

Sugar is bad; corn syrup is worse. I fill my body with chemicals every day. Diet Energy drinks? Good stuff. Caffeine in high concentrations is basically a "legal" substitute for coke... :grin:

• 1 month later...

It already has. The beta version was sold to 10ish people at the PRGE months ago.

Yes and when it was released at PRGE, I was under the understanding they would go on sale online a short time later. Then *crickets*.

So, the PRGE units are essentially prototypes, due to the fact they fail to work on like ~2% of Atari 7800 consoles and production has been withheld. If you count prototypes, then Albert and several others have prototypes of the XM already in use and working.

Maybe they should just release it with the promise of future firmware updates, and a disclaimer that the unit will not run on a tiny percentage of 7800s, with a full money back guarantee if it doesn't. Well then there is the important issue of firmware not updating properly with Pokey chip installed. I guess it does have bugs that still need ironing out. :P

Yes, around 30 pre-release Concertos are slated to be available at PRGE.

here.

I was off by 20.

Nice. That's more H2s in the hands of people than XMs by far... :twisted:

• Like 1

:sad:

For the record, the XM had an enormous head start. The H1 wasn't even out yet when Curt was taking preorders, I believe. Classic turtle and hare syndrome.

No hard feelings against you tep392. Your efforts to save that sinking ship by basically working for free are very noble. I may yet buy an XM when/if it releases. ;-)

• Like 1

The whole time comparison is silly.

Everybody knows the true competition between XM and H2 is how many quad POKEYs each will support!

Bah, neither will have speech synthesis, next PCB for the 7800 will have a speech chip on board.

• Like 2