IGNORED

H2

batari

I'm only wondering if someone out there but consider doing a Pokey installation, if batari leaves a spot for it.

You had to have left a word or two out because this sentence makes no sense.

He only wants to buy the H2 if it has a pokey chip in it to play games like Ballblazer, Commando and Beef Drop.

Yes, I thought it made sense, except I used the word but instead of might. I have Ballblazer and Commando carts, but Beef Drop no, and Pac-Man Collection recently went to pokey, too. Plus I might sell most of my games if I got this. And I can't bring myself to spend $200 on the 7800 for both this flash cart and the expansion module. I love flash carts, the expansion is cool, but for to make good use of it, it will take a good deal of dough. I'm perfectly okay with batari not wanting to go down the road of installing a pokey on his carts, but I was disappointed that the expansion had everything but a flash-cart function.

Edited by Greg2600

For the production run, will it still be SD or something smaller like microSD. I just had to ask because it seems you would have the same problem as the CC2 with the port being prone to damaged.

If it will be SD, the H2 support MMC cards? I would like to use a RS-MMC instead of full length SD cards to protect the port.

For the production run, will it still be SD or something smaller like microSD. I just had to ask because it seems you would have the same problem as the CC2 with the port being prone to damaged.

If it will be SD, the H2 support MMC cards? I would like to use a RS-MMC instead of full length SD cards to protect the port.

I am using a quality push-push SD socket and full-sized cards fit deeply, nearly flush with the shell. Furthermore, the socket has a metal frame, not plastic, and is securely anchored. There is no risk of damage like some have reported with the CC2.

That said, I don't think a RS-MMC will work at all as it would be buried within the shell and you'd need some sort of implement just to get it out. Also, MMC cards may not even be electrically compatible with H2 so a RS-MMC might not work even if you did jam one in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok heres a dumb couple of questions, if I wanted to play 2600 games and 7800 games would I have to buy a h1 cart for the 2600 games and a h2 for 7800 or just the h2 it would do both, if the 7800 h2 cart can not do both what is the difference between the h1 standard and deluxe? Also to get the games on the 2600 or 7800 you take the zipped or unzipped bin files from online and put them on the cart and its that simple it works? Or how about dont ask questions it comes with a manual just but the thing already. But I will need to buy a sd card and a card reader to put the files on the sd card as there is no usb on the cart right.

The difference afaik between standard and deluxe models of the Harmony cartridge is that the deluxe model comes with a printed manual, a USB cable and a 2GB preloaded SD card to use with it. But you're right, you can only run ROMs off the SD card, the USB connection is just for updating the firmware if you desire. The H2 should be just like the CC2, and run both 2600 and 7800 games fine.

You can get the online manual for the Harmony here.

I love my CC2, but I haven't updated it in ages. Primarily because of having to run that program to create the "funky" CC2 files. I kept hoping that Chad would update the firmware again to get around that, but it never happened.

Glad to hear the Harmony 2 won't have that problem and I'm excited to see it in action! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

We're on the third board revision. I've upgraded to a 25% faster MCU with twice the storage, improved the backup boot system, and now have dual-footprint for the regular SD card slot or an optional microSD slot (microSD is also for future-proofing in case the supply of SD slots goes dry.)

Still working on firmware. When we have a demo or screenshots, we'll post them.

• Like 5

We're on the third board revision. I've upgraded to a 25% faster MCU with twice the storage, improved the backup boot system, and now have dual-footprint for the regular SD card slot or an optional microSD slot (microSD is also for future-proofing in case the supply of SD slots goes dry.)

Your projects are awesome and most welcome to this hobby. I am always impressed with your new and upcoming creations. I cant wait for the final product.

Sounds yummy! I can't wait to buy one of these :)

• Like 1