IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

I think my is outdated, i was able to get 'about to work' and its showing '389' as version. -- I not using TI99 roms, but my SOB ones on bootup, and it says 'READY TO START' very grabled as speech, and then just freezes, and i can't change any settings, but when i was using win 7 it worked perfectly.

I guess i will have to delete it, update it to latest, and start fresh with new config stock ti99 and then if it works switch in my SOB roms.

logically windows 10 has no difference for 32bit programs.. so the issue may be that you corrupted something in the transfer

• 3 months later...

Wanted to report an issue which may be known, as I saw it in another, older thread which I can't seem to locate right now.

Every so often, Classic99 locks up on me, with 2 of the 4 cores of my CPU registering at full usage. When I open the debugger, it is blank. I am using the latest version QI399.006 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I've included a screenshot below of what it looks like when this happens. When it finally unlocks, the debugger goes back to working and displaying all kinds of numbers updating on the right-hand side of the window.

Don't know if this provides any useful information, but just wanted to report it, since I believe that Rich (author of RXB) was the person who had this issue in the thread I am referring to.

image.thumb.png.f1adb93504739e4d36ad404b4d1d83d1.png

Edited by majestyx

49 minutes ago, majestyx said:

Wanted to report an issue which may be known, as I saw it in another, older thread which I can't seem to locate right now.

Every so often, Classic99 locks up on me, with 2 of the 4 cores of my CPU registering at full usage. When I open the debugger, it is blank. I am using the latest version QI399.006 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. I've included a screenshot below of what it looks like when this happens. When it finally unlocks, the debugger goes back to working and displaying all kinds of numbers updating on the right-hand side of the window.

Don't know if this provides any useful information, but just wanted to report it, since I believe that Rich (author of RXB) was the person who had this issue in the thread I am referring to.

image.thumb.png.f1adb93504739e4d36ad404b4d1d83d1.png

I have also had Classic99 lock up on me as well, on Windows 10 64-bit. Often it happens after I've been running an instance for awhile.

I couldn't really point to any particular cause, but the lock-up during Tursi's gameplay of Python is pretty much the same thing I'm seeing; the screen freezes and the emulator ceases to respond to input, and I see CPU usage spike up.

Whatever regression it is, it's only started to show up in the last couple releases I think.

As Adamantyr noted, I have seen it as well. In fact I'm on video seeing it, so I can't deny, hehe. ;) 

It seems like something is slipping in the cycle counting and the emulator thinks the CPU is way ahead. I don't have a fix yet.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Classic99 v399.008

- updated fbForth and replaced XB256 with Isabella
- CF7 emulation updated
- gigaflash emulation (disabled, for the most part)
- Many 9901 fixes: interrupt status bit, clock registers, wraparound from zero, and proper reset behaviour. This makes both CamelForth and cassette work with the same code, finally.
- fix high-DPI scaling for heatmap
- fix GPU instruction fetch, was buggy
- add drag and drop support for cartridges - just drag the file onto the window and it will load and reset
- F18A features added: text mode attribute colors, second tile layer, sprites per line, text mode sprites
- VDP now resets differently for warm start vs cold start (mostly to preserve F18A palette on warm)
- fix disk path history by allowing longer entries in the edit box
- fixed a typo in the audio volume table

http://www.harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

On 9/7/2019 at 4:20 AM, Tursi said:

Classic99 v399.008

- updated fbForth and replaced XB256 with Isabella
- CF7 emulation updated
- gigaflash emulation (disabled, for the most part)
- Many 9901 fixes: interrupt status bit, clock registers, wraparound from zero, and proper reset behaviour. This makes both CamelForth and cassette work with the same code, finally.
- fix high-DPI scaling for heatmap
- fix GPU instruction fetch, was buggy
- add drag and drop support for cartridges - just drag the file onto the window and it will load and reset
- F18A features added: text mode attribute colors, second tile layer, sprites per line, text mode sprites
- VDP now resets differently for warm start vs cold start (mostly to preserve F18A palette on warm)
- fix disk path history by allowing longer entries in the edit box
- fixed a typo in the audio volume table

http://www.harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

I just tried twice but when I hit the link the downloaded version is .007 which gives me the same results as before.

A black screamer. ?

2 hours ago, TheBF said:

I just tried twice but when I hit the link the downloaded version is .007 which gives me the same results as before.

A black screamer. ?

Just use the Github version, that's more guaranteed to be up to date. ;) I'll see about fixing that link.

• 2 weeks later...

Minor update: 399.009

This fixes the default for F18A sprites-per-line, which I added support for in the last version. Without this fix, any software that enables the F18A but doesn't change the sprites-per-line register will get no sprites at all. This fix assumes you have the jumper set for 9918A mode. ;)

https://github.com/tursilion/classic99/blob/master/readme.md

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Version 399.010

- added debug option 'ignore console hits' to not breakpoint from the console ROM range (0000-1FFF)
- prevent previous folder up-navigation in FIAD paths
- improve disk debug slightly
- fix for RESTORE/REWIND not setting the record number in sequential file PABs

http://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

• Like 7

On 10/25/2019 at 2:00 AM, jrhodes said:

I thought a 'console hit' is when you whack your console in frustration?

Would be interesting to emulate some of the effects of this ;-)

On my console, the effect was to reset to the master title page and throw away all my work, so I quickly learned not to hit my console. ;)

• Like 3

Anyone noticing any slight static or noise added to the sound output of this latest release??

Both my laptop and desktop systems (Win7) are exhibiting this behavior.

I haven't tried it out on my i9-7960 (Win10) Mini-WS rig yet.  Will check it out this weekend.

Edited by Torrax