IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

10 hours ago, Asmusr said:

Yes I am. I think it was working at one point.

It does work with the HELLO program in JS99er. The only thing I noticed is that if I press ENTER after the assembler, it hangs. The other option - pressing QUIT - worked fine. But there's a big advantage of using Classic 99 where you can run in overdrive mode. The fast mode in JS99er is not that fast.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, oddemann said:

I can only guess how much time you have invested in Classic 99, but I am sure it is many hours. I see how my question can be demanding or pushing for something more than you want to do. But please, I am perfectly happy as is!

If I sound short, it's not intentional, it's just that I've probably answered the question before. ;) On and off I've been tinkering with Classic99 now for over 25 years. It's come a long way, but you can certainly tell that some areas get more love than others. ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tursi said:

If I sound short, it's not intentional, it's just that I've probably answered the question before. ;) On and off I've been tinkering with Classic99 now for over 25 years. It's come a long way, but you can certainly tell that some areas get more love than others. ;)

You can add RXB 2020 to Classic99 whenever you have time please.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Tursi said:

I understand... I try to not ask many stupid questions... and at the same time... I am not scared to ask stupid questions :p But I try to respect people's (your) time. So in my mind, it is TOTALLY your discretion if you answer. 

13 hours ago, Tursi said:

Classic99 399.039

- update fbForth to v13
- update RXB to 2020D
- Fix missed breakpoints that come too close together after pressing F1 to continue

http://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

Hmmm I just downloaded and installed Classic99 QI399.039 and only see RXB  2015 there?????

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ed in SoDak said:

RXB2020 is there and can be loaded under the Cartridge:User submenu, located in the Contributors folder. Cartridge:Apps is still 2015.

Hmmm yea that is not what I was talking about that is how I create RXB carts from 2012 to 2020 so far.

I mean he included RXB 2015 in the package under apps and but not RXB 2020 is not in that listing, which is what he said in his post:

"- update RXB to 2020D"

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a preferred way to detect Classic99? 

I thought about looking for device name 'dsk0' ( lowercase ) which seems unique, but then given other drive modes, that might not be present. 

I'd like to get ForceCommand to auto-detect, and use extended attribute color 80 column mode, but not 30 row mode when in classic99 if the GPU is enabled. I can always add a height command to compliment the width command I suppose, but I'd prefer it to be automagically detected. My goal would be for ForceCommand to detect classic99, and if F18A-ish, use 80x24 extended attribute mode.

5 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

Is there a preferred way to detect Classic99? 

I thought about looking for device name 'dsk0' ( lowercase ) which seems unique, but then given other drive modes, that might not be present. 

I'd like to get ForceCommand to auto-detect, and use extended attribute color 80 column mode, but not 30 row mode when in classic99 if the GPU is enabled. I can always add a height command to compliment the width command I suppose, but I'd prefer it to be automagically detected. My goal would be for ForceCommand to detect classic99, and if F18A-ish, use 80x24 extended attribute mode.

I don't support software specifically written for Classic99, as the features and idiosyncrases are subject to change.

But checking for the CLIP device is pretty reliable. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on Heatwave a post that someone was able to use the TIPI telnet client via Classic99 and connect into heatwave.  Is there anything that has to be configured.  I don't see an option for it.  I can issue a CALL TIPI but it just resets back to the title screen.  Loading TELNET just gives me a green screen.

Edited by Shift838

I saw on Heatwave a post that someone was able to use the TIPI telnet client and connect into heatwave.  Is there anything that has to be configured.  I don't see an option for it.  I can issue a CALL TIPI but it just resets back to the title screen.  Loading TELNET just gives me a green screen.

So you're telling me that you haven't done the telnet client on your TIPI that's explained clearly in the wiki? Are you doing this on a TI or geneve if you're doing it on a geneve you need to be in GPL with rompage.. call TIPI ("TIPI.NET.TELNET") is the command is that what you are doing? More info and details please

Never mind I just realized that this is the classic 99 topic so basically what you need to do is copy the telnet client to your classic 99 disk directory and run it from there or you can run it from whtech with call TIPI ("pi.http://ftp.whtech.com/TIPI/TELNET")

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, arcadeshopper said:

So you're telling me that you haven't done the telnet client on your TIPI that's explained clearly in the wiki? Are you doing this on a TI or geneve if you're doing it on a geneve you need to be in GPL with rompage.. call TIPI ("TIPI.NET.TELNET") is the command is that what you are doing? More info and details please

Sorry.  I left out 'via Classic99' in the original message.

Never mind I just realized that this is the classic 99 topic so basically what you need to do is copy the telnet client to your classic 99 disk directory and run it from there or you can run it from whtech with call TIPI ("pi.http://ftp.whtech.com/TIPI/TELNET")

Yep, the rudimentary and 100% unsupported TIPI simulation code that is currently in Classic99 doesn't include any of the TIPI programs, so you need to copy in telnet and tipicfg to DSK1 yourself. I did ask for permission, so eventually I'll drop them in there.

Classic99 aliases "TIPI" is as "DSK0", so you also need to configure DSK0 to point at something. ;)

• Like 3

using the telnet on my Surface Pro works fine, but on my Windows 10 x64 machine it just resets back to title screen for any TIPI call I issue.

I have even loaded another copy of the latest version of Classic99 into a different directory.  But get the same result.

Edited by Shift838

18 hours ago, Tursi said:

Classic99 aliases "TIPI" is as "DSK0", so you also need to configure DSK0 to point at something. ;)

Is it correct that Classic99 does not support TIPI directories yet?

I am starting to get file operations from C from my programs working using the files.h lib from Libti99. Works fine on real hardware and a real TIPI so far, use TIPI.GAMES.LUDO as path before the filename (so not to clutter the TIPI root dir).

However, in Classic99 (vQI399.039), it seems the . seperator for dir change is ignored, it saves a file GAMES.LUDO.LUDOTST when I use the TIPI.GAMES.LUDO.LUDOTST path to save, instead of saving LUDOTST in the GAMES/LUDO directory of the dir I mapped to DSK0.

Also, if I just save to root (with LUDO.LUDOTST) the file saves perfectly OK, but on file open I get a file error DSR_ERR_ILLEGALOPCODE    (0x60) (while this works perfectly on the real hardware).

Are those known issues of the 'rudementory and unsupported' TIPI simulation in Classic99? Or I am doing something wrong? Being able to test including TIPI in Classic99 would be very handy.

(and yes, you stated unsupported, so feel free to ignore my question ;-) )

Edited by xahmol