IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

On 10/5/2021 at 5:40 PM, RXB said:

Maybe all I did was hit ENTER on last line and Debugger went to all ZEROs?

Do not quite understand how hitting ENTER in RXB 2020 would change Debugger in Classic99 to ZEROs?

Without watching every step you took to get there, there's literally no way I can answer that question.

The critical metadata is lost. We have to just accept it and move on. If it happens again, do your best to remember how and see if you can make it happen.

I'm not sure how CPU address >0000 would ever show zeros in Classic99 either :)

9 hours ago, Tursi said:

Without watching every step you took to get there, there's literally no way I can answer that question.

The critical metadata is lost. We have to just accept it and move on. If it happens again, do your best to remember how and see if you can make it happen.

I'm not sure how CPU address >0000 would ever show zeros in Classic99 either :)

I am thinking a when I hit enter I might have also hit Shift key or one of the keys around the PC keyboard Enter Key.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tursi said:

There's nothing in there to capture the mouse, no.

Ah too bad. My current project uses the TIPI mouse and it would have been awesome to be able to capture the cursor. As it stands, I can still work with it, but I have to keep repositioning the cursor within the window bounds because its speed is faster than the TIPI mouse cursor.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, Vorticon said:

Ah too bad. My current project uses the TIPI mouse and it would have been awesome to be able to capture the cursor. As it stands, I can still work with it, but I have to keep repositioning the cursor within the window bounds because its speed is faster than the TIPI mouse cursor.

Well, you need only ask... ;)

hmm.. doesn't work exactly like I thought. Let me put a little more thought into it. It's a tricky thing to solve, because the TIPI mouse uses relative motion, and there's no way to know what coordinates the software is using... so you can't just calculate the difference between the current TI mouse cursor and the Windows one.

Does js99er handle the mouse? Maybe I'll peek at how that does it ;)

• Like 3

hmm.. doesn't work exactly like I thought. Let me put a little more thought into it. It's a tricky thing to solve, because the TIPI mouse uses relative motion, and there's no way to know what coordinates the software is using... so you can't just calculate the difference between the current TI mouse cursor and the Windows one.

Does js99er handle the mouse? Maybe I'll peek at how that does it [emoji6]

Yes it does

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Keatah said:

Maybe you'll need to use two modes, relative and absolute. Make an option to toggle between them. Emulator Altirra does exactly that to accommodate the needs of different software.

Unfortunately absolute is not possible. TIPI doesn't support an absolute mode, so there's no way to position the cursor at a specific location from the point of view of the hardware.

One of the challenges is that the scale of the host system is really different from the scale of the emulated system...

But, I'll peek at JS99er. Unfortunately it may be a few more days before I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The mouse issue exists in MAME as well, and the mouse handling seems to differ between OS. In Linux, if you use windowed mode and no capture, the mouse movement will only have effect as long as your desktop mouse hovers over the emulation window. This means that you won't probably be able to reach every location because your desktop mouse is already outside of that window. You can capture the mouse with "-mouse", but you'll lose the desktop mouse until you exit the emulation.

In Windows, the mouse is always captured. For that reason, I redesigned the mouse to be a pluggable device, so when you start the Geneve, you won't automatically lose mouse control on your Windows desktop. Of course, this meant to add yet another command line argument or a configuration item.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:56 AM, mizapf said:

The mouse issue exists in MAME as well, and the mouse handling seems to differ between OS. In Linux, if you use windowed mode and no capture, the mouse movement will only have effect as long as your desktop mouse hovers over the emulation window. This means that you won't probably be able to reach every location because your desktop mouse is already outside of that window. You can capture the mouse with "-mouse", but you'll lose the desktop mouse until you exit the emulation.

In Windows, the mouse is always captured. For that reason, I redesigned the mouse to be a pluggable device, so when you start the Geneve, you won't automatically lose mouse control on your Windows desktop. Of course, this meant to add yet another command line argument or a configuration item.

Too bad you can not have two (2) USB mouse and one for Windows or Linux or Max OS and other for emulators huh?

Reminds me I asked many years ago how come I could not have a mouse for each virtual desktop in Virtual PC.

Edited by RXB

8 hours ago, InfiniteTape said:

I recently moved to an M1-based Macbook, so I decided to try something bizarre by running Windows 11 for ARM in a VM (unsupported), then Classic99 within that. On the surface, it works like a charm. Is there any deeper set of tests for Classic99 to push on the boundaries and see what might break?

ZeroZap ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4