IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

https://github.com/jedimatt42/tipi/blob/67ba7ce197f00b4097f25238d73536032f2c007c/services/SpecialFiles.py#L48

I intended URI1/2/3 to be used by programmers and not by users, for the case where a URL is longer than 252 characters... So you get 252 + '/' + 250 maximum url length... 

That is not how it has turned out to be used. 

Classic99 399.058

- some timing notes on real sound chip access
- fix direct sector read of FIAD files (broken in V55)
- Also fix direct sector write of FIAD files
- add path separator on TIPI URIx paths
- change reset debug statement on TIPI to indicate more clearly what is happening

https://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Tursi said:

Classic99 399.058a

Just an update to the cartpack DLL, but I revved the version number anyway to make it less confusing.

- Added Harry's newest works - JUWEL and XB 2.9 GEM. XB 2.9 GEM is also in the Apps menu now.

- Updated RXB to 2022 version

http://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

Tursi and I discussed an Error when using REA Editor and a lock up.

I fixed the error on the RXB side before release but neglected to fix the error on the REA side yet.

As I hardly ever use the Editor Assembler Editor (mostly make programing on PC using Classic99 and Notepad) this was missed by me in testing.

I told Tursi I would release a updated RXB 2022 in about a month fixing this issue and any others that crop up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am setting up to stream on Twitch... And I would like to show off as much as possible for new people so they can do it themself. BUT...

If you look at the picture, the menu listing for C99 is to the left... Is it possible to make it JUST as far left as the screen itself, and not the window? I think the picture explains it. You only see Help.
Also is it OK to put up your link, for everyone to see? I guess it is, but I ask to be sure. Not that I think there will be a storm.

PS! Where is the cool demo?

OBS - Classic99.png

Edited by oddemann
PS!
  • Thanks 1

Not really, Windows positions the menu, not me. But instead of going full screen, you could just size the window vertically to fit the screen, then there will not be unused space to the sides.

Alternately, you really gain nothing by scaling up to full screen, so you could just use Video->Change Size and select 2x, 3x or 4x depending on your preference, and let OBS handle the scaling up to full screen for your stream.

The link for Classic99 is https://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99 - and I shall attempt to keep that link valid. ;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tursi said:

Not really, Windows positions the menu, not me. But instead of going full screen, you could just size the window vertically to fit the screen, then there will not be unused space to the sides.

Alternately, you really gain nothing by scaling up to full screen, so you could just use Video->Change Size and select 2x, 3x or 4x depending on your preference, and let OBS handle the scaling up to full screen for your stream.

The link for Classic99 is https://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99 - and I shall attempt to keep that link valid. ;)

OK, I will try it that way, I just like to make it full screen, then it will always be the same.
Made a movie clip of Parsec that I run in the background when I am on webcam.

TI on OBS.png

3 hours ago, Tursi said:

Where do you suggest they go? 

At bottom below IGNORE CONSOLE HITS 

pages can only be 5 digits in decimal our you could you hex instead.

SAMS 2=PAGE# 3=PAGE#

A=PAGE# B=PAGE# 

C=PAGE# D=PAGE#

F=PAGE#

Or

SAMS 2 3 A B C D E F

==========

P P  P P  P P  P P

A A A A  A A A A

G G G G G G G G

E E  E E  E E E  E

# # # # # # # #

9 hours ago, Tursi said:

Where do you suggest they go? 

No particular choice, whatever fits you best.

If necesary, it could make sense to make the debugger window a bit taller and/or wider?

Monitor resolution has increased a lot in the last decade, so it’s not that much of an issue anymore?

(I’d very much prefer that the SAMS register values are displayed in hex though,and not in decimal)

Either way, happy with anything you come up with. ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, retroclouds said:

No particular choice, whatever fits you best.

If necesary, it could make sense to make the debugger window a bit taller and/or wider?

Monitor resolution has increased a lot in the last decade, so it’s not that much of an issue anymore?

(I’d very much prefer that the SAMS register values are displayed in hex though,and not in decimal)

Either way, happy with anything you come up with. ?

Or Just a toggle  that disables something else, either way this is cool to have as a debugger tool. 

Edited by GDMike

Has anyone noticed that the speech output is low on the recent releases?  The regular sound effects over power the speech in the MBX and Imagic games.  I'm gonna try a few others to see how consistant this is.

I closed Classic99 and restarted it again and the speech levels are fine again. Too many cold-restarts within Classic99 must of messed up the sound levels.

Just gotta remember to close the emulator and restart from scratch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You are using a DOS 8.3 filename with the TI file system.  Need to remove the period in the filename and rename it to something the TI will recognize.

Also make sure the FIAD header matches the new filename and is 10 chars or less.

Suggested change is "MM_LBLA.OBJ" to "MM_LBLA_O".

Edited by Torrax

1 hour ago, Torrax said:

You are using a DOS 8.3 filename with the TI file system.  Need to remove the period in the filename and rename it to something the TI will recognize.

Also make sure the FIAD header matches the new filename and is 10 chars or less.

Suggested change is "MM_LBLA.OBJ" to "MM_LBLA_O".

No.