IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

You did all that in one day??

Haha, nah, only from "Added hotkeys" down. The rest were previously pushed to Github but I didn't do up a release.

(Oh, and the AMS update was done earlier too, but I never checked it in.)

Edited by Tursi

• 2 weeks later...

Caps, no Caps?

Still dont get it right

all device names in ti land are caps.. filenames tend to not matter

confirm your DSK1 directory has that file in it.. MM_LINES.OBJ

device error 0 is that there's no device DSK1

it would be error 7 if it was file not found.. this leads me to believe you have either ran classic99 from another directory and that has no way to find the DSK1 folder OR you have it changed to something invalid.. i had that error when i ran classic99.exe from the win10 search box.. rather than from the actual folder

DSK1 is mounted..(Classic99 sees it, and when I access it through the Open DSK1 File menu entry, it shows the files in it)

When I execute the first Load and Run, I type in DSK1.MM_LINES.OBJ

The emulator "pauses" for a bit, and then comes back what another FILE NAME prompt

I enter LINES, and then get a ERROR 0

What are your DSK1 Settings in the emulator?

When I for instance open XBDEMO using OLD DSK1.XBDEMO in XB, it works

Edited by pjduplooy

all device names in ti land are caps.. filenames tend to not matter

File names are also case-sensitive in the TI file system. It is only DOS/Windows where they are not

(which means that if Classic99 relies on the DOS/Win file system for the TI files, it "imports" that case insensitivity.)

Edited by mizapf

File names are also case-sensitive in the TI file system. It is only DOS/Windows where they are not

(which means that if Classic99 relies on the DOS/Win file system for the TI files, it "imports" that case insensitivity.)

The TI Disk Controller file system is case sensitive. There's nothing in TI's documentation that says any other disk controller needs to be case sensitive. Classic99 is quite deliberately case-insensitive in its filesystem handling, as it is not emulating a TI Disk Controller in that mode.

Windows is perfectly capable of being case sensitive, and it has been supported in NTFS for decades. If it really bugs you that it's not, just turn it on. ;) Then even Classic99 will be forced to be case sensitive.

Windows is perfectly capable of being case sensitive, and it has been supported in NTFS for decades. If it really bugs you that it's not, just turn it on. ;) Then even Classic99 will be forced to be case sensitive.

Ah, I guess I'd rather not change the default. That's up to Microsoft. ;-)

Ah, I guess I'd rather not change the default. That's up to Microsoft. ;-)

I set one of my drives to case sensitive a while back. I cannot remember why I did it as by now whatever I am doing with that is second nature. I do not recommend doing it on your system drive (user profile included,) but a second data drive or work partition should suffer no negative repercussions.

• Like 1

Hi Tursi.

I may have come across a bug .... in latest Classic99, when the TI goes into the blank screen after a while, it's locking up the emulator. It's done it twice on me now. Don't know if anyone else has seen it do this?

I had the same issue which was resolved by not leaving Classic99 in Throttle mode. I *think* I later read a comment that confirmed why this was the case.

I had the same issue which was resolved by not leaving Classic99 in Throttle mode. I *think* I later read a comment that confirmed why this was the case.

Okay. My Classic99 hasn't been in Throttle since I downloaded it, so I don't know there .....

The times it locks up is when Classic99 isn't the "focused" window, when I'm in my Notepad or using Magellan with classic99 running but in the background.

I did have a theory it was locking whenever it went into "sleep mode" you know when you haven't touched the keyboard in a while. But the second time it locked the screen was still in normal mode (but sleep mode might have just kicked in and locked up the emulator?)