IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

On 3/11/2020 at 5:30 PM, Tursi said:

Classic99 399.017

- added the ability to save cart (and DSR) space in MakeCart for EA#5 and EA#3
- added the ability to write an EA#3 from MakeCart (uncompressed, with autostart if desired) 

http://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

This seems to work for saving and restoring Minimemory. :)

I can't seem to find MakeCart anywhere. 

• Like 1

This may be useful with the Basic Support Module too, as it can have 2K of RAM, although looking at the one I have with that option, it looks like the RAM might actually be in the GROM space (4K of GROM in a 2532 and 2K of RAM in a 6116). Normally, that second socket would have a second 2532 to complete a full, 6K GROM. Note that this would be on an EGROM cartridge board--commonly used for true TI prototypes (as opposed to the much more common QUAL units).

I’d love to see pics of the BSM internals!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Tursi said:

I got some help tracking down Firefox tagging my https addresses as unsafe, and updated the certificate. Turns out I had harmlesslion.com but not www.harmlesslion.com, and Firefox cared while Chrome didn't. ;)

I have this problem with one particular secure cert vendor.  It does not include the root of the domain for a www. cert nor if you get a wildcard.  I just spend $500 (got ripped off, tell you that,) for a multi-domain wildcard cert and not only does it not include the root of the domains, but I cannot get support to help me fix it.  I have secured a new vendor which will do multi-domain wildcards for half the price and so far service has been better.

• Like 4

I do need to say, I downloaded Classic99 399.018, and unzipped it onto a Dell Win 10 Inspiron One, using file explorer for the extraction, that I'm putting together for my son. The computer has Panda Dome installed as a AV and every-time I tried to run it, the exe, Panda would flag it as a virus and stop it ad quarantine it. So I thought maybe I had a bad zip file or something so I tried unzipping with 7-zip and overwrote the previous files, and this time there was no problems and Classic99 booted right up. FYI.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting! I've never heard of Panda Dome... web says it's a cloud based antivirus. Seems it sends data about everything it scans out to their servers, and the server decides if it's viral. That would make me a bit nervous. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tursi said:

Interesting! I've never heard of Panda Dome... web says it's a cloud based antivirus. Seems it sends data about everything it scans out to their servers, and the server decides if it's viral. That would make me a bit nervous. 

Well this computer is not on the internet. Not so nervous, but understood.

Edited by RickyDean
  • Like 1

So my windows machine did not have a power supply problem and I know nothing about these modern motherboards so I ordered a refurbed machine.

I downloaded Classic99 and when I start it Windows 10 says "You need to install an App for this program" 

Huh?

It has nothing in the cartridge menu unless I double click the cartpack.dll and then select Classic99 as the program.

Anybody know what is going on?

Edited by TheBF

So my windows machine did not have a power supply problem and I know nothing about these modern motherboards so I ordered a refurbed machine.

I downloaded Classic99 and when I start it Windows 10 says "You need to install an App for this program" 
Huh?
It has nothing in the cartridge menu unless I double click the cartpack.dll and then select Classic99 as the program.
Anybody know what is going on?

Sounds like you have bigger problems than classic 99...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

Sounds like you have bigger problems than classic 99...

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I have downloaded a number of other programs that I use and they all work fine...

It was refurbed by Best Buy and it did a new Windows install when I booted it up first time.

Guess I am on my own. :) 

32 minutes ago, TheBF said:

I have downloaded a number of other programs that I use and they all work fine...

It was refurbed by Best Buy and it did a new Windows install when I booted it up first time.

Guess I am on my own. :) 

You give very little information and a vague problem on a new machine. sounds like an issue on the machine without more details..

I have no faith that a Best Buy's refurb is a 100% working system.. Or even properly reinstalled.. 

did you unzip the file? or is unzipping the problem?

Did you run the exe and did it give you the windows defender alert?

Did you install some other virus checker? try disabling it?

The error you mentioned would happen when you run any program if it is related to exe files requiring something to open them. 

maybe a video or photos? 

45 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

You give very little information and a vague problem on a new machine. sounds like an issue on the machine without more details..

I have no faith that a Best Buy's refurb is a 100% working system.. Or even properly reinstalled.. 

The error you mentioned would happen when you run any program if it is related to exe files requiring something to open them. 

maybe a video or photos? 

It unzipped fine

No defender alert.

No new virus checker.

The enter key is sticky. :( 

Edited by TheBF