IGNORED

All the people who compare cleaning their Atari games to brushing their tee

gamme

All the people who compare cleaning their Atari games to brushing their teeth should try brushing their teeth with steel wool.

Oh my god, don't clean your Atari games with steel wool :o

That stuff leaves tiny fibers everywhere and if one got left in your cartridge it could easily short circuit the pins or fall into your console and short circuit something in there!

All the people who compare cleaning their Atari games to brushing their teeth should try brushing their teeth with steel wool.

All WHAT people who compare cleaning their Atari games to brushing their teeth? Honestly, I don't remember seeing such a comparison, please link whatever you're referring to.

And WHY should they try brushing their teeth with steel wool? That sounds like it would be a very unpleasant experience. Is your "steel wool" reference somehow connected to your "cleaning their Atari games" reference? Because again, I honestly can't remember ever seeing any recommendation for people to use steel wool to clean their Atari games, nor any reports that someone had done so (whether the results were good or bad). Another link would be helpful here also -- unless you have one link that covers both aspects of your recommendation.

Lacking any such references, your post is completely ludicrous. People have been added to my ignore list for less.

• Like 4

All WHAT people who compare cleaning their Atari games to brushing their teeth? Honestly, I don't remember seeing such a comparison, please link whatever you're referring to.

And WHY should they try brushing their teeth with steel wool? That sounds like it would be a very unpleasant experience. Is your "steel wool" reference somehow connected to your "cleaning their Atari games" reference? Because again, I honestly can't remember ever seeing any recommendation for people to use steel wool to clean their Atari games, nor any reports that someone had done so (whether the results were good or bad). Another link would be helpful here also -- unless you have one link that covers both aspects of your recommendation.

Lacking any such references, your post is completely ludicrous. People have been added to my ignore list for less.

This is not complete lunacy. Here is at least one reference and I remember reading others as well:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/68806-coleco-cart-wont-work/

As for the teeth brushing you decide what's fact and what's fiction.

Edited by gamme

This is not complete lunacy. Here is at least one reference and I remember reading others as well:

http://www.atariage....cart-wont-work/

Either way i still dont understand the point of your post. It doesnt have any purpose, nor any real need for response. Why post this? this doesnt make sense.

http://www.atariage....cart-wont-work/

Either way i still dont understand the point of your post. It doesnt have any purpose, nor any real need for response. Why post this? this doesnt make sense.

But it does make sense. How many times do you find yourself sitting indian style on the floor cleaning your atari games and then suddenly realize, "Whoops! Forgot to brush my teeth today!" To your dismay you only have steel wool in the bathroom and you end up ODing on isopropyl alcohol after mangling apart your gums. It's a common chain of events.

I do find myself sitting Indian style on the floor cleaning my cartridges the more sane way with Alcohol and good quality sponge tip swabs, or high quality tightly wound cotton swabs, not the el cheapo loosely wound ones, I do that often.After getting my 1st cavity in my life and getting a root canal, I brush my teeth 3 times a day.So while cleaning my games, does the question "did I remember to brush my teeth today come to mind"?....NO.And for toothpaste I use the tooth gel that has 2 times more fluoride,therefore, my teeth are no longer sensitive to hot and cold!!!! :) :thumbsup: I decided to put that in as friendly advice, try it, works like a charm, ask for it at the pharmacy, as it's kept behind the counter.As far as using steel wool to brush teeth? I treated that as an attempt to be comedic, as I'm sure that was your real intention gamme. :)

Edited by Rik

I do find myself sitting Indian style on the floor cleaning my cartridges the more sane way with Alcohol and good quality sponge tip swabs, or high quality tightly wound cotton swabs, not the el cheapo loosely wound ones, I do that often.After getting my 1st cavity in my life and getting a root canal, I brush my teeth 3 times a day.So while cleaning my games, does the question "did I remember to brush my teeth today come to mind"?....NO.And for toothpaste I use the tooth gel that has 2 times more fluoride,therefore, my teeth are no longer sensitive to hot and cold!!!! :) :thumbsup: I decided to put that in as friendly advice, try it, works like a charm, ask for it at the pharmacy, as it's kept behind the counter.As far as using steel wool to brush teeth? I treated that as an attempt to be comedic, as I'm sure that was your real intention gamme. :)

No this is not a joke, it is a very serious matter. Our society has degraded the human body to such a low it makes me sick. Have you seen the commercial for the guy driving his car and then you see these pistons going up and down inside of his body as he's driving? What sort of message is hiding beneath this image? It seems to me that society is implying that our bodies are nothing more than consumer products. Do we not have a soul? Are we all just filthy Atari cartridges waiting to be scrubbed and cleaned? There is a much deeper issue here. How long can we stand being "played" like an Atari game, being devalued by our fellow brothers and sisters in the advertising industry and elsewhere? It isn't "cool" to be a car. It isn't cool to be an Atari cartridge. I am much more than that. If the thought ever crosses your mind that your teeth are like the Atari contacts that you clean, well then it may be time to rethink your priorities. And the thought has crossed my mind. I will not become the cartridges....I will not become the cartridges.....resist....resist.....resist.....remember you have a soul. Keep telling yourself that.

I am more concerned that all of you seem to have absolutely no problems with brushing your teeth with said steel wool.

Steel wool is an absolute bathroom neccesity; Superman keeps a box right next to his toilet. Morgan

Morgan, no offense, you are misinformed.

Superman orders both his atari cartridges and his cheeks to stay clean at all times. AND THEY DO!!!

Chuck Norris taught him that.

The most important thing is that everyone here is having fun. I want posting here on AtariAge to be something to look forward to. I pray that everyone here is enjoying the topics and feeling the way they did when the internet first rescended. Don't be afraid to let your inner kid out. I really want to continue these good times feelings. What a blessing we have to be able to communicate with each other and cause such joy for one another. Gorb blesshu all /