IGNORED

Easter egg in Joust found!

_Fandal_

Finally!

I have been waiting for this for many years (like since 2003).

Here's the disassembled graphics:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/153175-showing-the-graphics-of-some-games/

Want a new challenge?

Atarian magazine claimed that there's a super secret code for ikari warriors that allows you to "warp levels".

Oddly, there's only one level, and I'm not really sure if the article was accurate.

It's been on my mind for ages, as one of the last great mysteries of the 7800.

Any interest? ;)

-John

Don't you just fire up something and view the code?

Have you ever tried to read somebody else's code, especially code that has been generated by a disassembler? If you had, you'd know that there's nothing simple about it.

What's there to know? You just have to be able to count to 1, counting 0 as a digit. How hard can that be? ;)

• Haha 1

One thing I noticed after I triggered the easter egg in Joust, if I started a game there was a long string of letters at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure what it meant as I couldn't detect a pattern to the letters.

Regarding the possible Ikari Warriors easter egg; I've always wondered if it was a mistake in the magazine and they meant Commando instead. The level select seems like it would fit better for Commando than Ikari Warriors. Plus there's already a known easter egg for Commando. I wonder if it's part of a trigger for another one?

Mitch

• 1 year later...

Finally!

I have been waiting for this for many years (like since 2003).

Here's the disassembled graphics:

http://www.atariage....-of-some-games/

Want a new challenge?

Atarian magazine claimed that there's a super secret code for ikari warriors that allows you to "warp levels".

Oddly, there's only one level, and I'm not really sure if the article was accurate.

It's been on my mind for ages, as one of the last great mysteries of the 7800.

Any interest? ;)

-John

I had something like 7 tips published in The Atarian. Back then, for each tip, you were supposed to receive a free game. Atari Corp. got mad at the editorial staff over something they wrote in Atari Explorer and they fired all of them and cancelled both publications and thus most of us got stiffed. I brought it up at one of the shareholders meetings and Gary Tramiel gave me "Dirty Larry" for the Lynx to make up for it.

Hi all!

Here is the way how to trigger easter egg in Joust: power console on and press select, then press 53x (!!!) joystick 1 down and then press 41x joystick 1 left and wait for hidden credits...

F.

I've never been one to sit and figure out easter eggs, so I have to know, how did you figure it out? Is it somewhere in the code? I don't see how anyone would just happen to stumble upon that easter egg by chance, but again, I don't know much about the topic.

Hi all!

Here is the way how to trigger easter egg in Joust: power console on and press select, then press 53x (!!!) joystick 1 down and then press 41x joystick 1 left and wait for hidden credits...

F.

I've never been one to sit and figure out easter eggs, so I have to know, how did you figure it out? Is it somewhere in the code? I don't see how anyone would just happen to stumble upon that easter egg by chance, but again, I don't know much about the topic.

I disassembled binary and found the code to trigger it.

F.

• Like 3

• 9 years later...