IGNORED

Activision Carts: Differences Between NTSC & PAL?

King Atari

I did a search, but came up empty handed. My apologies if this has been discussed.

Couple quick questions: Regarding Activision's Colecovision carts, are there any differences between NTSC and PAL? As in label variations or cart structure? Or, if not, would it be possible to tell which region a game came from somehow?

Also, despite being NTSC or PAL, the games themselves should work in any region, correct? I could play a PAL game on my NTSC system & TV without any speed or color problems?

Thanks in advance for any and all help! I know what's what when it comes to the 2600, but I'm a newbie when it comes to PAL CV games.

Edited by King Atari

Regarding Activision's Colecovision carts, are there any differences between NTSC and PAL? As in label variations or cart structure? Or, if not, would it be possible to tell which region a game came from somehow?

As far as I know, there is no difference in the roms between NTSC and PAL. The shape of the cartridges and the labels may change, but they work the same. Maybe the speed is a little bit different but I doubt you would notice.

Also, despite being NTSC or PAL, the games themselves should work in any region, correct? I could play a PAL game on my NTSC system & TV without any speed or color problems?

I think so.

Regarding Activision's Colecovision carts, are there any differences between NTSC and PAL? As in label variations or cart structure? Or, if not, would it be possible to tell which region a game came from somehow?

As far as I know, there is no difference in the roms between NTSC and PAL. The shape of the cartridges and the labels may change, but they work the same. Maybe the speed is a little bit different but I doubt you would notice.

I think so.

Thanks!