IGNORED

Donkey Kong for the Atari XE

Benighted

I'm collecting games for the Atari XEGS, and I'm wondering if the Donkey Kong game with the Atari XE look on the box is very rare?

DK on eBay link

I've also heard that in this version of DK there's a stage unique for the XE version. Is this true?

Thanks for any reply.

Never heard of any unique stage in XE version; if it doesn't have anything unique, I got the normal cart for 0.99 + shipping.

• 2 months later...

back in like 1985 i bought donkey kong for the atari home computer and it included one or 2 atari joysticks i bet that was a pretty rare item i was like 12 at the time wish i never tossed out the box it came in

hey, i have this version boxed packaged with a Atari Joystick. :)

Is it that rare?

The "newer" grey carts are utter crap quality compared to the classic brown. The old ones could probably stand being thrown against a brick wall, where the newer ones would just break into a dozen pieces.

umm... they work better when inserted into the slot on an Atari 8bit computer then when thrown against a wall... not to mention the ATARI (Atari Terrorist Abuse Riot Inhibitors) Police will come get you... (They were better at making hardware not convoluted acronyms ;')

sloopy.

it's not very very rare, but no common in good shape (Donkey Kong)

@ youki : yes it's rare, we are at least 6 French to possess :D

http://www.rhod.fr/pages/atari/kx7400.html ;)

the one i bought was at a department store they had a table full of them and it was just a plain cardboard box that said contains two atari joysticks and when i got home i was shocked to see the donkey kong cartridge in the box they must have been surplus atari inventory i had a atari 800xl so donkey kong did not go to waste