IGNORED

5200 Tempest

Allan

Just wanted to say it's great that this is finally happening. I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

I love the artwork on the new box. Is this Nathan's work?

I would love a poster of this.

Or maybe something like this Countermeasure display.

Allan

post-187-127955478093_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to say it's great that this is finally happening. I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

Allan

Has there been some announcement? Link?

Oh wow! Where did you get that? Countermeasure is one of my favorite 5200 games, I've never seen that display before. I've got to find one of those...

Tempest

I'm shocked you've never seen one of these. During the Warner years, Atari did a lot of dealer displays, mobiles, posters, etc. The ones that I've seen are for games that came out from 1982 to early 1984 (the end). I know there must be more but so far (for the 5200) I've only found items for Countermeasure, Centipede, Qix, Dig Dug and Ms. Pac-man.

They must have done promo stuff for games like Defender, Pole Position, Pac-Man, etc. Of course there is promo stuff for the computers and 2600. Atarimania has some stuff. Here's a link of pictures that I have. Some of these I have, some I don't.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/150303-looking-for-atari-5200-sale-promos/page__fromsearch__1

Allan

Allan

Has there been some announcement? Link?

http://www.atariage.com/features/shows/cge2010_preview/

Every one is excited about the 2600 Turbo release so 5200 Tempest is getting over looked.

Allan

Oh wow.. didn't know this was now completed. Ok this is a friggin must buy for me. I don't really care about initial runs/collectibility, I'd just like a playable 5200 Tempest to plug into my machine. When is it going to be sold? :D

Albert said some time after CGexpo.

Allan

tempest_banner.jpg

:ponder:

So how big is that? I ummm....don't have any toys around like those to use them as a reference to figure out the size.... :ponder:

:D

That looks fantastic. Are they going to be for sale? PLEEEEAAASSSEEE!

Allan

So how big is that? I ummm....don't have any toys around like those to use them as a reference to figure out the size.... :ponder:

It's a 4' x 2.5' vinyl banner.

No, but if you offer me enough at the show I might consider selling it. :D

..Al

It's a 4' x 2.5' vinyl banner.

No, but if you offer me enough at the show I might consider selling it. :D

..Al

It might be hard to hear me make an offer from Connecticut. :(

You guys better take lots of pictures, dammit! :)

Allan

Has a price been set?

No, but it will be similar to other releases of this nature, between $40 and $50.

How soon till you expect to be able to start accepting pre-orders?

I learned from the Adventure II experience to not accept pre-orders for a game until it's finished. So, sometime after CGE is all I will say right now, and there won't be pre-orders. When the game is finished, I'll put it up for sale for immediate shipment. The boxes, box inserts, labels and manuals are all done and in-hand. I've prepped a large number of 5200 carts, which is a lot of work (much more than for 2600/5200/ColecoVision games), so everything's ready to go once the game is finished. :)

..Al

No, but it will be similar to other releases of this nature, between $40 and $50.

Sounds good to me, just wanted to see if it was going to be reasonable.

I learned from the Adventure II experience to not accept pre-orders for a game until it's finished. So, sometime after CGE is all I will say right now, and there won't be pre-orders. When the game is finished, I'll put it up for sale for immediate shipment. The boxes, box inserts, labels and manuals are all done and in-hand. I've prepped a large number of 5200 carts, which is a lot of work (much more than for 2600/5200/ColecoVision games), so everything's ready to go once the game is finished. :)

Yeah, I think I remember having Adventure II for the 5200 on pre-order for over a year before it did finally ship. I guess it is much better this way. I guess if you want to make sure that you get a copy, you just need to pay attention and watch for the announcement. I think honestly Al, that is likely the better way to go considering the fact that you never know what might come up for the author between now and the actual release of the product. I can't imagine anyone getting rich doing this.