IGNORED

5200 Tempest

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really though.. what 5200 game does? I'd be 100% happy with a game that if everything went right, would have been released in the early 80's alongside Joust, Defender, MsPac, Robotron, etc to bring the arcade game home 5200 style.

And on that note, this is great news (re: release), Seriously, Tempest is the one game I used to dream/hope about as a kid to come out for the 5200. Yeah it's taken 30 years but I'll take it :lol:

Really though.. what 5200 game does?

Not any of the games from back in the day that I can remember.

I just saw the scoreboard and REG/DMK joke in the 5200 demo of Beef Drop and got a big kick out of it. The in-joke would have been far more appropriate for Tempest tho. Just a cool easter egg.

It's from the movie Night of the Comet. The main character Regina (REG) rules the scoreboard of a Tempest machine. She becomes infuriated when she notices someone with the initials DMK has placed on her scoreboard. She spends most of the next morning after the end of the world playing game after game to clear him off the machine.

Hi there,

It's from the movie Night of the Comet. The main character Regina (REG) rules the scoreboard of a Tempest machine. She becomes infuriated when she notices someone with the initials DMK has placed on her scoreboard. She spends most of the next morning after the end of the world playing game after game to clear him off the machine.

I seriously thought my brother and I were the only ones that watched that movie. I think I find more and more people that watched/liked this movie everyday.

I often wondered if anyone noticed that reference in Beef Drop. :)