IGNORED

5200 Tempest

Allan

The game is progressing nicely, it's still on track for a release. I already have all the boxes, manuals and labels printed. :)

..Al

FANTASTIC :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

will it have the awesome soundtrack of Tempest Xtreme?

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I've heard & seen, Tempest Xtreme is a port of Tempest 2000 - a different game with far more memory available for it. (1Mbit?) 5200 Tempest will be the coin-op port we wanted back in the day, with GAME SOUNDS as our accompaniment. :D

• Like 2

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I've heard & seen, Tempest Xtreme is a port of Tempest 2000 - a different game with far more memory available for it. (1Mbit?) 5200 Tempest will be the coin-op port we wanted back in the day, with GAME SOUNDS as our accompaniment. :D

tempest xtreme is based on the unfinished 5200 game

runs ok on a standard Xe game system

no expansion needed,

though i don't know the size of the cart...

Edited by fernando marrin

Tempest Xtreem is a mixture of the original Tempest with elements of Tempest 2000, including music, speech and some game play elements.

Tempest Xtreem is a mixture of the original Tempest with elements of Tempest 2000, including music, speech and some game play elements.

ok

but was it based on the 5200s Tempest code or not ?

but was it based on the 5200s Tempest code or not ?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure peteym5 wrote his version entirely from scratch.

BTW, the game is on a 128K SuperCart.