IGNORED

Glitches

snakes3425

I have two games that have been giving me no end of trouble

Raiden: Console won't power on, or will power on and give the Red Screen, sound at times glitches and tonight the graphics glitched and the Jag pulled an NES by giving a blinking power light

Club Drive: Game glitches and crashes, gives the red screen on start up or automatically resets

My other two games: Wolfenstein 3D and Tempest 2000 work perfectally

I wonder is it to take the Jag in for repairs or track down new copies of Raiden and Club Drive or just get a new console (PS: I bought my Jaguar off a friend, who got it off of Ebay)

Don't take it in for repairs yet. :P Just like when fixing a car, you look at the simplest, easiest things to check/fix first. You didn't mention that you have cleaned ALL your cartridges' edge connectors both sides real good with q-tips & rubbing alcohol?... and also while your at it clean your Jaguar cart port with a old credit card cut to fit both cart port sections with a draped over both sides of it, old 'cotton' shirt material slightly dampened with alcohol and insert it several times to clean the contact pins.

I think that may work! :)

got it off of Ebay

All used games/consoles I've ever gotten off of ebay have come to me soiled & layered with years of dirt, grime, food, oils, dust bunnies, soot, tar, candy, sticky spilled soda pop and grease.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

got it off of Ebay

All used games/consoles I've ever gotten off of ebay have come to me soiled & layered with years of dirt, grime, food, oils, dust bunnies, soot, tar, candy, sticky spilled soda pop and grease.

Tell me about it. You can find a few honest people who don't sell you the junk they've kept in their garages for 20 years, but most of the time you're buying consoles and games that have a bad case of the Gremlins. Best way I found to root out the good from the bad is to look at the condition the labels on the games are in any labal that is really well worn is usually the sign of a badly cared for game

Damn, I know! eBay sellers are the laziest turds. It really irritates me & pushes me not to bid when I check out an auction and all they've got is a cell phone pic of some grimy, filthy games, and they're even too lazy to write down what's included.

Damn, I know! eBay sellers are the laziest turds. It really irritates me & pushes me not to bid when I check out an auction and all they've got is a cell phone pic of some grimy, filthy games, and they're even too lazy to write down what's included.

The only other thing I can think of that maybe causing my problems is I have a pet cat who loves getting up on my equipment

• 2 weeks later...

How do you clean the Jag's cartridge slot or the connector pins in the cartridge slot?

... and also while your at it clean your Jaguar cart port with a old credit card cut to fit both cart port sections with a draped over both sides of it, old 'cotton' shirt material slightly dampened with alcohol and insert it several times to clean the contact pins.

That's probably the best way to do it.

How do you clean the Jag's cartridge slot or the connector pins in the cartridge slot?

... and also while your at it clean your Jaguar cart port with a old credit card cut to fit both cart port sections with a draped over both sides of it, old 'cotton' shirt material slightly dampened with alcohol and insert it several times to clean the contact pins.

That's probably the best way to do it.

I appreciate the advice

I've been trying to find something to cover the cartridge slot when I'm not playing the console

• 2 years later...

From the dead!

I've noticed an interesting problem. I have two Jag's and one Cybermorph cart. In one of the Jaguars it works great. In the other it seems like after two run throughs of the demo I get white "specs" on the screen. Highly noticable on a "green" planet (during the demo) and they seem to be at polygon cut-off points.

Has anyone else seen this? Did Atari fix the problem later on?