IGNORED

PsychoStormtrooper Orphan Overlays - Series 2

cmart604

That link seems to have some <br> tags in it; here is the correct link:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1904199509051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190419950905&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

With these overlay sets commanding such high prices, you'd think that whoever created them would make some more. I know I'd love to have a set.

Thanks for fixing it jay, it was pretty late last night when I posted it!icon_mrgreen.gif

These sets are pretty cool. I'm not sure what happened to Psycho, his website is gone as well.

This is really stupid. Why would anyone pay this?

if no one buys them, they will have to go down in price.

I'm working on overlays, which will take me a while, but much like Psycho stormtrooper did, I'd sell them for cost of materials.

Its going to take me a long time, because I'm trying to draw many of them in vector graphics, so I can print posters for myself.

When I'm done selling them, I think I'll make the high resolution images available for free! so no one can rob people. I HATE EBAY FOR THIS.

Relisted at $250....still don't see a buyer at that price...icon_ponder.gif .

Not sure what I'd pay for these, but still too high.

I've seen these listed at such a price multiple times. Never seem to sell from what I recall, but always relisted for the same price again. Isn't that the definition of insanity (doing the same thing multiple times and expecting a different outcome)? :P

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here have Set 1 & 2 for sale? Pm me as I would love these but can't afford $250!

I've seen these listed at such a price multiple times. Never seem to sell from what I recall, but always relisted for the same price again. Isn't that the definition of insanity (doing the same thing multiple times and expecting a different outcome)? :P

Anyone here have Set 1 & 2 for sale? Pm me as I would love these but can't afford $250!

series 3 is the best. it has the most overlays.

Oh, I didn't know that they were that the were the same overlays in each series (with new ones added). And had not heard of series 3 either. Thanks for the info revolutionika, it's really appreciated. Look like I'll be in the search for series 3 then!

I've seen these listed at such a price multiple times. Never seem to sell from what I recall, but always relisted for the same price again. Isn't that the definition of insanity (doing the same thing multiple times and expecting a different outcome)? icon_razz.gif

Oh, I didn't know that they were that the were the same overlays in each series (with new ones added). And had not heard of series 3 either. Thanks for the info revolutionika, it's really appreciated. Look like I'll be in the search for series 3 then!

Which unfortunately will likely be pretty costly. Roger's website has been down for a while and I'm not sure we'll see these made again.icon_frown.gif Good luck!

Which unfortunately will likely be pretty costly. Roger's website has been down for a while and I'm not sure we'll see these made again.icon_frown.gif Good luck!

Yes, I was afraid that would be the case. Is he still active on the board here? If anyone else has an extra set or want to sell theirs or trade for something else, send me a PM.

I've seen these listed at such a price multiple times. Never seem to sell from what I recall, but always relisted for the same price again. Isn't that the definition of insanity (doing the same thing multiple times and expecting a different outcome)? icon_razz.gif

i have been toying around with the idea of making my own overlay sets. should i?

I have read somewhere that it's very easy to do.

It would be great to have some instructions, I would definitely give it a try. But I guess the hard part is also doing all the graphics. I am not too bad in Photoshop, but it always takes forever to do stuff properly!

google it and I'm sure you will be able to find a good way to make them.

here is an example:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=50583.0

BTW: this is a very good forum for arcade...mame...video game :)

Thanks Maxime, I should have remembered... Google is your friend! The thing is I wasn't looking into making them before, more looking into trying to get Psycho's set eventually. But now you guys are starting to give me ideas... :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what differences there are between the different sets/series? I have Series 2 and thought that was the last one. I'd have to go through the list of overlays more thoroughly, but I thought it provided overlays for all games that didn't already have them. Unless Series 3 had overlays for the unreleased/prototype games...

Does anyone know what differences there are between the different sets/series? I have Series 2 and thought that was the last one. I'd have to go through the list of overlays more thoroughly, but I thought it provided overlays for all games that didn't already have them. Unless Series 3 had overlays for the unreleased/prototype games...

im not sure the difference. i think though, that is just some additional prototype overlays.

im not sure the difference. i think though, that is just some additional prototype overlays.

As luck would have it, Dryfter has just finished writing a soon to be posted blog on the 3 different versions of Roger's overlays. Series 1 and 2 are the same with a box and a Psychostormtrooper numbered overlay for 2 being the only difference.

Series 3 has additional games which I could figure out if I wasn't so lazy and went and compared them but I'd suggest you all wait for Dryfter to come back from holidays and you can read his blog. icon_thumbsup.gif

As luck would have it, Dryfter has just finished writing a soon to be posted blog on the 3 different versions of Roger's overlays. Series 1 and 2 are the same with a box and a Psychostormtrooper numbered overlay for 2 being the only difference.

Series 3 has additional games which I could figure out if I wasn't so lazy and went and compared them but I'd suggest you all wait for Dryfter to come back from holidays and you can read his blog. icon_thumbsup.gif

That's correct, I did finish my first Blog. And you can find it here:

http://dryfter.blogspot.com/

Take a look and let me know what you think :)

That's correct, I did finish my first Blog. And you can find it here:

http://dryfter.blogspot.com/

Take a look and let me know what you think icon_smile.gif

Great blog Pete! icon_thumbsup.gif Here's hoping Roger gets a chance to make more overlays in the future.icon_smile.gif