IGNORED

Jungle Hunt bug - can someone check this?

Scott Stilphen

Matt Reichert found a bug in the 400/800 version, and we suspect it's in the 5200 version. Here's what you have to do:

1. Beat the game once

2. While your remaining time is being added to your score (during the

congratulations screen) press reset.

3. Start a new game

What you'll see is that your time is still being added to your score, but it

uses the current timer (which starts at 9990). So you end up with mega bonus points and 0000 left on the timer. I haven't tried it yet but I would assume the timer would start up again eventually by itself if you sat there long enough. Anyway, once you get to the river scene you'll find out that you now have infinite air because the air meter is tied into the timer which is now at 0000. For whatever reason the timer gets reset once you hit the boulder screen, but it starts a 9990 so you'll once again get mega bonus points when you beat the game.

I read somewhere that the 400/800 version was ported directly from the 5200 version so I'd assume that it's in there too. I'll check when I get home (I should check if it's in my prototypes as well).

Incidentally I figured this bug out when I got pissed at how many lives it cost me to beat the game and reset it.

Tempest

I just tried it on my 5200 and 130XE and I couldn't get it to work on either. I think this may be a system specific bug. I believe I was using an Atari 800 when I did it originally, can anyone try it with an 800?

It might also require certain timing when you reset? It might only work on easy (I tried it on regular). I know it did it several times so it does work.

Tempest