IGNORED

600XL Motherboards variants

Defender II

Does anyone have pictures of the tops and bottoms of the 600XL Motherboards variants?

I am especially looking for pictures of the CHELCO 1983 600XL REV 3 motherboard variant because mine has two disconnected wires on the bottom. :(

Edited by Defender II

I am especially looking for pictures of the CHELCO 1983 600XL REV 3 motherboard variant because mine has two disconnected wires on the bottom. :(

That wires are some factory made patches? Wouldn't be possible to figure the right connections out from the schematics?

I'll see if I can check mine later but I think it's probably a Rev 2.

OK. "Revision" stamp on top of the board but no rev number there.

Bottom side:

ATARI INC.

MADE IN HONG KONG

CO61677 7/1983

REV.-X9B

My board has no extra factory installed wiring... suppose it must be a stable revision where no afterthoughts were needed.

Edited by Rybags

I've got probably 4 or 5 600XL mobo's in a box somewhere. I often use them to fix 800XL's. :) I'll see what I can dig up. I do seem to recall seeing wires run across the top of some boards, but I don't remember any on the bottom.

Yes, the wires seem to be original factory wiring.

Yes, I could trace some schematics, but this board is very uncommon (there is one person on here that asked about it years ago Chelco 600XL...?) and it has silkscreen with different designations than the usual 600XL's I have or have seen.

I have already done some tracing of the circuits compared to another 600XL motherboard and reconnected the wires where I believe they should go, but I still would like some confirmation before I power it up. :D

I would like to see a collection of 600XL & even the 1200XL motherboards like the 800XL set that has been created.

Edited by Defender II

• 2 weeks later...

I've got probably 4 or 5 600XL mobo's in a box somewhere. I often use them to fix 800XL's. :) I'll see what I can dig up. I do seem to recall seeing wires run across the top of some boards, but I don't remember any on the bottom.

Are you able to get some pictures?

What did you do with the 600XL cases? Do any of them have the monitor port?

Thanks spookt!

Anyone else?

My "big" camera is at work, so here just some iPhone 3GS pix:

The additional board is mega-hz´s Stereo extension, OS is replaced by EPROM with QMEG OS and the memory is upgraded to 64k:

post-21666-128145796238_thumb.jpg

The blue cables are from the Stereo extension:

post-21666-1281457969_thumb.jpg

post-21666-128145797885_thumb.jpg

post-21666-128145798595_thumb.jpg

post-21666-128145799549_thumb.jpg

post-21666-128145800543_thumb.jpg

post-21666-128145801429_thumb.jpg

Sad thing: The keyboard cable has too many knicks, so only the function keys are working, I think I have to find a replacement solution.

post-21666-128145802424_thumb.jpg

Sad thing: The keyboard cable has too many knicks, so only the function keys are working, I think I have to find a replacement solution.

post-21666-128145802424_thumb.jpg

I just found out, that the keyboard is working perfectly fine with my 800 XL´s. So the problem must be something with the 600 XL board. I guess, the Stereo extension is making trouble, will check that later.

Here's a PAL Rev B with 64K and LS08 Mod:

post-21964-128206898238_thumb.jpg

post-21964-128206897914_thumb.jpg

Will do the PAL Rev A when I have the heart to dismantle it again...

I see you've added the missing lines to the monitor port on that one. Do you have details of the points to pick up and is it just a couple of resistors and some wire?

I'm using the RF on my 600XL at the moment and I have to say it's fantastically clear. I'd love to see what the monitor signal is like.