IGNORED

ProPlay - New 4 button gamepad for TI

jchase1970

I've been thinking about how to pull off SF2 on the TI for years. But we need 6 buttons for that. ;)

We do have enough ROM now. ;)

I'm definitively not up to doing a SF2 on the TI, I Think a couple of serious people on a team could knock it out. As for the buttons, the Master system had a version of it with only 2 buttons and the NES had a version with 2 buttons and Start and Select. So a 3 button scheme could be developed that would work.

I respectfully disagree. I've played those versions, as well the Genesis version had a 3-button mode. It's just not the same - the game is designed for six. ;) I've made do without too much complaint using 4 buttons on Playstation pads, but that's about my minimum.

There was a Game Boy version of Street Fighter, too. Just because someone sold it didn't mean it was any good. ;)

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread. Any news on the gamepad? I really would love to see this happen :)

Getting caught up at work again, finally!!!!

Been thinking about this for the last week or so. I'll post a update end of next week with a expected time line for when I'll have them available. I don't think I have played a single TI game in 3 months or more, Just been working overtime. So tired of overtime, lol.

John

Bumping this thread. Any news on the gamepad? I really would love to see this happen :)

Getting caught up at work again, finally!!!!

Been thinking about this for the last week or so. I'll post a update end of next week with a expected time line for when I'll have them available. I don't think I have played a single TI game in 3 months or more, Just been working overtime. So tired of overtime, lol.

John

Thanks for the reply John. Just take your time, the important thing is they will be available eventually :D

Looking forward to that ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I decided that I've been sitting on this long enough. So I ordered a bulk order of gamepads and will start converting them over after Thanksgiving. That should let me be able to get some out before Christmas.

I ordered some prototype boards and I messed up on the button contacts and I'm not wanting to order another batch of prototypes and jack the costs up. So I'm thinking that I'll just hack-n-slash the existing boards as I did in my prototype and be done with it. It's alittle more time involved, but I'ld rather be out time then to be out money if I can't sell enough of them.

I'm going to have 2 options available.

1) a single controller with 4 operational buttons A,B,C,Start. This model will run any existing game that uses 1 button, but will also allow you to use any new games anyone makes using 4 buttons.

2) 2 controllers 1st, with 4 buttons to run the extended mode games and the second tethered to the 1st with only 1 button. There will be a mode switch on the second controlled to enable it which will disable the extended buttons on the 1st controller. The reason for this is the extended mode buttons are joyst2 x,y button in the 1st housing. This way the player on the 1st controller with the extra buttons wont over ride joyst2.

Pricing, is $20 for a single extended mode pad and $40 for the 2 pad combo(1 extended mode and 1 regular mode)

The number available will depend on the number of single and duals sold, but I expect 15-25 to be made. If these are sold I will decide then to make another batch or not.

Post on here if you are interested and send me a PM so we can swap addresses and billing.

If you post on other boards and forums please let other know these will be available soon and where to get a hold of me at.

John

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, been gone for a long while and this project was so side tracked for nearly a year I guess. So sorry about that. Anyway the controllers are ready. Well a handful are ready. I'm making them now. I will be ready to start selling them next week. The price as listed above is $20 per controller. Please send me an email at jchase1970@hotmail.com and we will work out the paypal payment or you can send me money via snail mail.

296322_2383995651721_1605631817_2285665_1328817654_n.jpg

I've had a few problems early on but they all worked out for the controller now. I have reworked how I convert the old controller and I believe I have a very solid build.

Again, sorry I have not been around, just so much real life going on this year.

Thanks for waiting,

John

You can write a program in XB for this controller.

10 CALL JOYST(1,X,Y)
20 CALL JOYST(2,B2,B3)
30 CALL KEY(1,B1,S)
40 CALL KEY(2,B4,S)

in that 4 lines of code you get access to all the buttons on the controller.

X,Y return -4,4 for up,down,let,right

B1 returns 18 for button 1

B2 returns 4 for button 2

B3 returns 4 for button 3

B4 returns 18 for button 4

X,Y,B1 are normal joystick 1 functions so pad works with any single player game that supports a joystick

B2,B3,B4 are calls from joystick 2

Edited by jchase1970