IGNORED

Season 1 Game 13 *Lock 'n' Chase*

post-98-128005509923_thumb.gif post-98-128005513037_thumb.gif

Game Info

Your thief is robbing the local bank! Four police officers are hot on his trail! Grab gold coins and treasures on the run! Keep one jump ahead on the law! When the cops close in...lock a door...make tracks in another direction. Run smack into a cop and you're "caught"! There's nowhere to hide!

TwinGalaxies High Score: 888,000 by Todd Rogers

Settings

Press DISC for the fastest speed

Contest ends on

Sunday, 08-08-2010 at 1:00 AM eastern.

Current High Scores

1. patbb 79,320 [+10]

2. cparsley 72,140 [+9]

3. JacobZu7zu7 50,320 [+8]

4. atariron82 34,480 [+6]

5. atari2600land 12,540 [+4]

6. zylon 9,600 [+2]

7. roadrunner 7,880 [+1]

8. ClassicGMR 5,600 [+1]

Sorry, Akito01 missed the deadline!

Leaderboard

1. cparsley [108 points] 7

2. patbb [75] 1

3. ClassicGMR [46]

4. ed1475 [41] 1

5. JacobZu7zu7 [37]

6. darthkur [31]

7. roadrunner [27]

8. rgw825 [21]

9. JayWI [15]

9. cmart604 [15]

10. zylon [12]

11. 1980gamer [10] 1

11. jaybird3rd [10] 1

12. jeremysart [9]

12. Troy_Whelan [9]

13. Cebus Capucinis [7]

14. cvga [6]

15. LaserHawk [4]

16. atariron82 [3]

17. revolutinka [2]

17. BydoEmpire [2]

18. Shannon [1]

18. thegoldenband [1]

18. atari2600land [1]

Edited by Mister VCS

no the cash is vital 4 top scores, cause its not until the bobby pin that the secondary target worth anything decent.

I agree, if you get all 4, you should get close at lease 10k per level.

CParsley: Is that what you called the Bobby pin?

post-25394-128018956703_thumb.jpg

Edited by patbb

This is the patern I try to do.

Of course, it does not work all the time... whitch is great :)

Also, the last third of the level is all random and luck.

BTW, it does not work very well on the first level but for level 2,3,4,5,6 it usualy work.

What I like the most is that you also get "secondary target" just before the cash bag.

In the later levels, instead of picking up the 2nd target and then the cash bag, I go for the cash bag directly, it's really to have a good timming with the walls.

Then I try go go down and get the 2nd target, you only have to get 2 gold coin. Of course the rest of the partern is no longer working, but to get the key at 3000 or the heart at 5000 its wort it.

In the second image, I usualy get the red police between doors in the upper left corner.

Note: I also included a scan of the Manual.

Good luck to all.

I would like to see other "parterns" if any of you have ones?

post-25394-128019284964_thumb.jpg

post-25394-128019285897_thumb.jpg

post-25394-128019286812_thumb.jpg

Lock n Chase (U).pdf

your close, but your pattern leaves one major problem... you leave a tunnel undone early on with only 1 entrance exit (the 2 long tunnels next to the $)

That and I highly suspect the top Twin Galaxies scores here (unless TG is now allowing the tunnel rackup, cause 888k???) lol

Edited by cparsley

your close, but your pattern leaves one major problem... you leave a tunnel undone early on with only 1 entrance exit (the 2 long tunnels next to the $)

That and I highly suspect the top Twin Galaxies scores here (unless TG is now allowing the tunnel rackup, cause 888k???) lol

888k that's high, They probably don't allow the tunnel rackup ... but they don't mention it.

But even in the manual they mention that when your score gets over 300k it's reset to zero and dots appear somewhere to let you know how often the counter when over the 300k mark. So this kind of score can be acheived. I don't think it gets harder than on the heart level. If you can master that level I guest you could play for a while.

For the tunnels, the ones on both side of the bank, I usualy get the other one after I picked up the remaining gold coin in the top right portion (see 3rd image on my patern). If you can go down this tunnel turn right you shoul get the money bag at that time.

For those having problems with both tunnels try this. See image below.

Again this is not something that does not work on the first level.

You can also start the same patern by turning right at the start. This way the two cops on the right will go in the upper portion on the screen.

My friends and I use to called those tunnels "the tunnels of death"

post-25394-128023022947_thumb.jpg

Edited by patbb

I dont doubt you on thats a pattern, but you lucked out on the 4th $ there, and the duck back on the 2nd I think was a lil ingenious, I'll have to say.

The problem I have with recording from emu is I find out it comes out way slowed down in comparison to audio etc... How do you do it and I'll put a video up.

I dont doubt you on thats a pattern, but you lucked out on the 4th $ there, and the duck back on the 2nd I think was a lil ingenious, I'll have to say.

The problem I have with recording from emu is I find out it comes out way slowed down in comparison to audio etc... How do you do it and I'll put a video up.

I use Snag It 9 and I don' put the emulator in full screen.

I use a resolution of about 400x320

Level 2 - Why no lock in of the Red cop in the top left corner after the first $? It would of made it a lot easier for ya :)

Also, it left that left tunnel for end, so that wasn't good...

Level 3 - To which it looks like you fixed it all, but for the run in with blueie right at the end of the level :(

Level 4 - It seems your getting right into the groove as you go on... the doors are your friends :) BTW, the secondary object is not really worth it until at least the camera (1,000) and then the bobby pin on up (with exception of the lamp 400)...

Yes scoring on the secondary object is not anything like Pac-Man, the objects are not anywhere near linear.

5740 :( This bites. At least I didn't miss anything by playing outside in the 80's. ;)

I seriously gotta put more effort on this one. I'm positive I used to do better than that.

post-25215-128027368672_thumb.jpg

Edited by zylon

Level 2 - Why no lock in of the Red cop in the top left corner after the first $? It would of made it a lot easier for ya :)

Also, it left that left tunnel for end, so that wasn't good...

Level 3 - To which it looks like you fixed it all, but for the run in with blueie right at the end of the level :(

Level 4 - It seems your getting right into the groove as you go on... the doors are your friends :) BTW, the secondary object is not really worth it until at least the camera (1,000) and then the bobby pin on up (with exception of the lamp 400)...

Yes scoring on the secondary object is not anything like Pac-Man, the objects are not anywhere near linear.

Level 2: I usualy do that, as you saw on level 3. I changed emulator and the button was not set on the same key!

Level 3: I know ... it was a stupid move at the end :)

Level 4: You are right, they are not worth much. But since I'm there I just pick it up.