IGNORED

Legendary consoles you never liked

4Ks

On the like list: Atari 2600, PS1,2,3, and N64

On the fence list:Xbox and Xbox 360, to many hardware issues ive seen. Wii, not enough games to interest me and I like to sit down and play videogames. NES, I got one for $10 at flea market and just no interest. Would rather play my atari.

Everything else I have not played or I just dont care about it. Just chalk it down to a lack of interest.

Wii, not enough games to interest me and I like to sit down and play videogames.

Yeah, I suppose if Wii counts as legendary, throw me on the list for not liking it.

I'll buy one eventually, but I've already passed on a couple semi-sweet deals for modded ones (about the price of a new stock system)--which means 'even lower than free' is the price I'm willing to pay for the wii software library.

Edited by Reaperman

Colecovision for me. I did enjoy a few games (Venture, Buck Rogers) once I got the Super Action Controllers, but for the most part the games feel pretty choppy to me compared to the 2600, 5200, and even Inty. The stock controllers are also my least favorite of any of the era. I don't hate the system, there are definitely some good games there, but I'd never pick it over its contemporaries.

Not sure if it qualifies as legendary, but I never have cared much for the Intellivision. I've warmed up a little to it over the years, and I can appreciate it for what it is and its place in video game history, but painful controllers and consistently ugly graphics don't help its cause.

Never thought much of the NES. In fact, I didn't particularly like the concept of consoles anymore from about 1985 until the PS1 came out.

Didn't particularly think much of Nintendo consoles at all - they all seem childish in design and likewise many of the games, and the construction of lots of their hardware just seems flimsy - those N64 controllers feel like some piece of crap you'd pull out of a cereal box. That said though, I "discovered" N64 and SNES via emulation and enjoyed quite a few of their games.

Likewise (disliked) the XBox original... and I bought one (used) about 2 years ago. Went to the trouble of hunting around and got near a dozen games for it. Probably half those I just booted to verify they worked, and used the console itself for a grand total of about 8 hours since I got it. I suppose I got on the bandwagon too late... nobody wants anything XBox today, it probably needs another few years to attain a proper "retro" status then maybe it'll come into demand again.

The only console aside from Atari ones that I've had an ongoing like for is the PS1 - got about 6 of them and still keep an eye out for games. Although very simplistic in the context of modern 3D, the games are still complex and challenging and mostly enjoyable.

I don't know which of these qualifies as "Legendary" but these are the consoles that I have never really gotten in to:

Odyssey 2

Intellivision

Colecovision

Atari 5200

Atari 7800

Game Gear

Jaguar

Gamecube

I am not saying that any of them are bad consoles, just that they have never done anything to pique my interest.

Chris

I love almost every console around pretty much as each almost always has games that I count as some of my favorites in their time. The exception is I could never get into the Neo-Geo library for the most part. It had way too many fighters and if it wasn't SF2, I wasn't really interested. The rest are interesting, but nothing I really ever could say I "really really enjoyed". The Metal Slugs are probably the closest things I could say, but even then I could probably live fine without them around.

Edited by NE146

As of right now I'd say the N64. However I have a really small library of games for it so that most likely has a lot to do with it. Otherwise I like all the consoles I have and have really been getting crazy about my Intellivision again.

For me it has to be the Genesis. I always found the SNES to be superior for most games. Graphics and sound were nearly always better, and I liked the selection of RPGs better. The SNES has always been one of my favorite systems though so I'm sure at least at the time I was biased. I now enjoy the Genny quite a bit, especially for some of its platformers.

Every time I experience a rabid fanboy or fangirl, I like the system they are in love with that much less. Eventually the sheep move on to something else, the signal to noise ratio improves, and after 5-10 years I get a chance to enjoy the system again. I have experienced this with the Atari 2600, every product Nintendo has every released, the Saturn, and the Dreamcast.

As the internet has grown to be a major disseminator of information, I've been burned out from marketing, over-hype, payola reviews, and childish rantings about every system and game released in the least decade.

Edited by akator

Every time I experience a rabid fanboy or fangirl, I like the system they are in love with that much less. Eventually the sheep move on to something else, the signal to noise ratio improves, and after 5-10 years I get a chance to enjoy the system again. I have experienced this with the Atari 2600, every product Nintendo has every released, the Saturn, and the Dreamcast.

As the internet has grown to be a major disseminator of information, I've been burned out from marketing, over-hype, payola reviews, and childish rantings about every system and game released in the least decade.

That's pretty much describes me with the Sega Genesis.

I'd have to say the Sega Master System for me. I had about 1/2 the library at one point in my collecting. I owned the console for over a year and played it - no kidding - twice.

Those most have been long playing sessions playing 1/2 of it's 300 od games in two little sessions! icon_razz.gif