IGNORED

How To Use Supercharger As 2600 Flash Cart?

lisalover1

I'm probably going to be getting my hands on a Starpath Supercharger for my 2600 soon, and I heard that it could also be used as a flash cart for the system. How would I go about doing this? Is there a tutorial available for setting this up? Does it only work with Supercharger games, or can cartridge games be converted into the Supercharger format?

I'm probably going to be getting my hands on a Starpath Supercharger for my 2600 soon, and I heard that it could also be used as a flash cart for the system. How would I go about doing this? Is there a tutorial available for setting this up? Does it only work with Supercharger games, or can cartridge games be converted into the Supercharger format?

when i got my supercharger i thougth it was going to be a daunting task converting roms to wavs and burning them to cd to play on my diskman

but it wasnt to hard especially since there is a lot of compilations already made

do a search for worship the woodgrain and nukey's hacks

i got about 5 cds of games 96 tracks each the trick is weeding out all the doubles /pal and glitched

also when using the supercharger with a stereo tapedeck or cd player you should use this

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102690

i was getting intermediate failures before i bought that simple device from a local radioshack i just set my volume to medium and turn off mega bass and everything loads just fine

i also test most on a little mp3 player before burning a disk

realize that a supercharger only works with 4k roms or its own special larger ones

and you will hear alot of people telling you to do the internal modification to allow it to work in a 7800 and work with some of the roms that glitch out but all the nukey's fixes took care of those problems

it may sound funny but the games i play most are jammed and starpath frogger of course since i put them on in alphabetical order i have to hit skip on my cd player like 30 times

they are all about 10 second audio files and the cd limits the tracks to about 96 so it only uses about 20% of a disk so this is the perfect time to use up your 3 inch mini cds that are useless in frontloaders

i was thinking of making a mp3 disk but i didnt feel like having to hit skip like 200 times to get to a game i want

welcome to the club that big freakin beast hanging out of the slot is quite a marvel it litterally is as tall as sonic 3 in sonic and knuckles in a game genie

PICT0075.jpg

"when i got my supercharger i thougth it was going to be a daunting task converting roms to wavs and burning them to cd to play on my diskman

but it wasnt to hard especially since there is a lot of compilations already made"

I'm not sure if there ever was a definitive collection of Rom's (or mp3's) for an unmodded Supercharger that contains all of Nukey's work and Rom's that Nukey didn't have to alter.

In this thread Mark Wolfe posted a MP3 collection of Nukey's Hacks Volume 1. I never found a Volume 2 though.

i got about 5 cds of games 96 tracks each the trick is weeding out all the doubles /pal and glitched

Any chance you can help us out with this. From the looks of it, you did quite a bit of work testing out most of the games. I love your multi-colored notes on the wtw list!

i was thinking of making a mp3 disk but i didnt feel like having to hit skip like 200 times to get to a game i want

At some point, I'd like to get all the mp3's into iTunes, and then insert the game box pictures as the cover art. It would be really cool to use an Ipod Touch (or iPad!) to flick your way through the boxes to find the game you want to play. At that point, it would be the best menu system for a multicart!!! I also think it would engage our non-Atari friends a bit more, as I think they would be fascinated to see the iPhone interfacing with the 2600. They'd probably take a trip down memory lane flicking past all the old cover art.

To take that one step further, it would also be great to populate all the metadata (designer, company, release date, etc.) for easy sorting. I would also want to use one of those metadata fields to describe the controller used for the game.

Anyone have a really pimped out, or frankenstein, Supercharger setup?

sure here is my pile i apoligize if any dupes or bugged roms slipped through

if anybody has any i did not include please send me a link to it in mp3 or wav

it is a random assortment of wav and mp3 i left them wavs as they are pretty small anyway and dont get much smaller mp3ed

http://www.filedropper.com/bohokitested

hope this link lasts the file is like 30 megs and a rar

i dont have a list like the woodgrain set

i also seperated the non joystick games to make it easy for me

You're Awesome Bohoki!! This will help a lot of us use their Supercharger to its full potential. It gives me a big jump start on my iTunes coverflow project.

Also thanks to Nukey if he should be reading this. His work has spared my Supercharger a death by soldering iron. My Supercharger is already lucky to have survived the mutilation I gave it 25 years ago to make it fit into my Colecovision expansion module! :-)