IGNORED

Factory Sealed Games

edintv

Hey,

Does anyone open sealed games?

I don´t like that, but I had to admit that I open 2, (Star Strike and Tron Deadly Discs), was satisfactory open those gamees and see the brand new content. But having forty-something sealed games is more satifactory even if you don´t have the games or even don´t have the boxes.

For example, Ina month or so, will be arrive (I hope so) several sealed games for a trade I did, and some of those games and don't have even the loose cart (I remember at the moemnt Pinball, Popeye, Lady Bug, Nova Blast, and others). and i´m not planning to open any, i will wait until i get those games.

But i've found people that thinks different, so let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Ed.

Depends, if your doing it from a pure collecting standpoint, nothing beats SIB (Sealed in Box), but for those who love the time/games, nothing like opening something that nobody has ever done before, and who knows you could find something in there that wasn't supposed to be there (mistakes do happen) :)

Depends, if your doing it from a pure collecting standpoint, nothing beats SIB (Sealed in Box), but for those who love the time/games, nothing like opening something that nobody has ever done before, and who knows you could find something in there that wasn't supposed to be there (mistakes do happen) :)

Yes, I like the sensation, but only last the moment. But when you open a sealed game, the new status will be lost forever, and it will be one less in the world.

But in the other hand, there's some titles who are plenty here in Venezuela, so could be safe to open, and there's others who are not coming back (I mean Mr. Basic and Scooby Doo for the Intv).

Talking about mistakes, I boufth an open Activision title (Intv), Stampede. I try really hard to get it to work, and no success. So I open the cart with very delicacy for not damage the label, just to find out that the card was upside down, and was never used for that (the reason that was in mint condition)

Tell me about mistakes you have seen.

Cheers..

I say open them for this reason:

There is lots of fraud going on these days, and how do you know you got the real deal if you don't open the package and see the contents for yourself? Shrink wrap can be redone, and there are many shysters running around...

I say open them for this reason:

There is lots of fraud going on these days, and how do you know you got the real deal if you don't open the package and see the contents for yourself? Shrink wrap can be redone, and there are many shysters running around...

Well, if its from Venezuela I assure you that are legit, there's no way we can get enough mint or near mint games to reseal. (we are very different from U.S., we have 25 Million people only, and most of us lives in apartments, so we don´t have the room to keep the stuff 30 years, so most people trow away vintage games) I´ve seen a lot of the original Mattel and Intellivision inc. (also Atari) Original boxes opened in front of my eyes to doubt any second. (and I open a couple).

About the video, is very cool. is a coincidence that i just mention those particular games... you got me good.

and let me clarify that the seal is not hermetic, the air does circulate inside the box, just slowly. 30 years is a lot for the glue of the label reacts with the air. and keep in mind we are a tropical country, so humidity is always present.

There's some pics of an unopened ADD Tarmin box of six unopened games (you can check the code printed on the side). You can see the original glue that Intv Inc. and mattell uses for seal the boxes.

and could be a large quantity of these boxes here in Venezuela...

I also have Atari Boxes, and only 1 Activision (of an Atari game) but all already open or with a piece of a regular tape for seal.

post-26431-128036561295_thumb.jpg

post-26431-128036565321_thumb.jpg

post-26431-128036569264_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used to not open sealed games.I've opened most now, and thankfully haven't found any blocks of wood.I realized keeping them sealed for potential money making reasons was not a real reality, unless of course you have a perfect condition sealed VIDEO LIFE or whatever.I have doubles of my sealed games so i like the fact of having a nice new condition box, as that is rather rare to have nowadays with 30+ year old games.I can still have the nice new box if the shrink wrap is taken off or opened, so that's okay with me.I have a really nice sealed MIDNIGHT MUTANTS, as i have 2 more loose MM'S, but that's the only one still sealed.

Edited by Rik

I used to not open sealed games.I've opened most now, and thankfully haven't found any blocks of wood.I realized keeping them sealed for potential money making reasons was not a real reality, unless of course you have a perfect condition sealed VIDEO LIFE or whatever.I have doubles of my sealed games so i like the fact of having a nice new condition box, as that is rather rare to have nowadays with 30+ year old games.I can still have the nice new box if the shrink wrap is taken off or opened, so that's okay with me.I have a really nice sealed MIDNIGHT MUTANTS, as i have 2 more loose MM'S, but that's the only one still sealed.

Well, i´m not keeping the sealed games for money reasons, just for the feeling of having something 3 decades old but also new, almost all of the sealed games i have duplicates, but still i´m undecided to open for the mint cib, sometimes is more fun to find mint cib games in the "wild". my dream is to find every Intv game sealed, i know that some collectors are trying to do that. (some one who has a seled tutankham?). and i do want to play the games, i just play with loose carts, i don´t even want to manipulate the boxes.

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of sealed games, I'd love input from Inty buffs in my thread here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/168385-interest-check-sealed-intellivision-games/

This isn't just meant as a shill for my thread, BTW -- I'm honestly trying to weigh the "open them and have mint copies for your collection" vs. "someone out there would love to have these, and once you open these games there's one less in the world" equation.