IGNORED

Grpahics 15 (31)

paladina

Question about graphics 15 (31). if I load small picture in TurboBasic with BGET directli in the screem memory DPEEK(88), I can load only on 1 row (4 pixels) in line X -

BGET #1,DPEEK(88)+position,Lenght

The position is 0,4,8,12, etc in Line... how I can do the pixel position with this? ( 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,etc)

Thx for help and any examples...

You can only do 0 4 8 etc since that mode packs 4 pixels per byte.

You could have an Assember routine that shifts all the data once it's loaded.

Or you could setup a screen that uses Horizontal Scrolling. Since H-Scrolling uses more graphics data, you'd probably want to do a custom DList with an LMS on every line.

Then have the screen as seen by the DList start at 4 bytes before it normally would. Have each DList LMS add 40 bytes to the previous one, that will adjust things so that the data all lines up on screen.

You'd get unwanted pixels on the left with HSCROL values over 0, but you could just hide them out with a missile.

Edited by Rybags

You can only do 0 4 8 etc since that mode packs 4 pixels per byte.

You could have an Assember routine that shifts all the data once it's loaded.

Or you could setup a screen that uses Horizontal Scrolling. Since H-Scrolling uses more graphics data, you'd probably want to do a custom DList with an LMS on every line.

Then have the screen as seen by the DList start at 4 bytes before it normally would. Have each DList LMS add 40 bytes to the previous one, that will adjust things so that the data all lines up on screen.

You'd get unwanted pixels on the left with HSCROL values over 0, but you could just hide them out with a missile.

I think missles cannot, because I need them for other things, Dlist I dont know...hm..maybe the Assembler routine? Anybody for help with this routine or other Ideas?

thx :D

better question... why do you want to shift the pic? only 1x after loading or ingame?

I have basic screen (all loaded with BGET) and any parts I need to load in any position in this screen...sometime only 1x and sometime much more... I was thinkgin about HSCROLL, but this do all of the line and not only part...mist... and it must be quickly... fast as can be :D

thx.

better question... why do you want to shift the pic? only 1x after loading or ingame?

I have basic screen (all loaded with BGET) and any parts I need to load in any position in this screen...sometime only 1x and sometime much more... I was thinkgin about HSCROLL, but this do all of the line and not only part...mist... and it must be quickly... fast as can be :D

Here's a ML routine from Antic Magazine that works in single pixel resolution. It's main design was for animation, but it can be used for just PUTing objects on the screen too. You will have to load your graphic somewhere in memory first before using the routine to PUT it on screen.

Hi-Res PUT-GET.zip

Here's a ML routine from Antic Magazine that works in single pixel resolution. It's main design was for animation, but it can be used for just PUTing objects on the screen too. You will have to load your graphic somewhere in memory first before using the routine to PUT it on screen.

Hi-Res PUT-GET.zip

THATS PERFECT :D Yeah,this routine was I need :D many thx :D, now I must study how to use it and put it into my game :D