IGNORED

Atmas II Manual

Hi,

I've recently been trying to use the Atmas II assembler because I like the interface and lack of line numbers, however, I haven't been able to find much information on it. The only instructions that I have been able to find appear to only be the first page of the manual, which shows how to load, assemble and run a program, but other things like saving files are still a mystery to me. Has anyone got the manual or a list of commands for Atmas II? (Or possibly can point me to a similar assembler for the atari that doesn't require line numbers).

Thanks

Thanks guys, unfortunately the page that flashjazzcat found is the one that I already had- enough to get a bit of info, but lacking a list of commands. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and use another assembler icon_smile.gif

Can you not load up the executable into a text or hex editor and try and find the command table? You might be able to deduce and intuit some of the commands from that...

Thanks guys, unfortunately the page that flashjazzcat found is the one that I already had- enough to get a bit of info, but lacking a list of commands. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to suck it up and use another assembler icon_smile.gif

Can you not load up the executable into a text or hex editor and try and find the command table? You might be able to deduce and intuit some of the commands from that...

Already tried that, but couldn't seem to find anything that helped on first inspection. I'll take another closer look later and maybe try disassembling.

• 3 weeks later...

Already tried that, but couldn't seem to find anything that helped on first inspection. I'll take another closer look later and maybe try disassembling.

Not necessary. I have the original handbook here. There is no reference page for commands, so you have to browse through the German manual.

To save the source code you have to enter <ESC>WD1:FILENAME.EXT<ESC><ESC> (W for write).

A very nice assembler from a very sophisticated programmer. Peter Finzel not only wrote this assembler and a matching "Toolbox", but also created "Cavelord","Schreckenstein", a book to learn Assembler (what I did with the help of it), the book "Hexenküche" (many elaborated hints and tips for the A8) and provided an assembler column monthly in a german computing magazine.

If there is really need for the handbook here (???), I could scan it (45 pages), but first I like to ask Peter for permission. Without an additional text recognition the automatic translation would be at least difficult... ;) - any volunteer or translator?

Edited by Irgendwer

Depending on the level of German in it, I may be able to help. I'd need to take a look first though. I think though that some of the German people on here have better English than I have German.... any takers? How about you Irgendwer?!

Edited by snicklin

Not necessary. I have the original handbook here. There is no reference page for commands, so you have to browse through the German manual.

To save the source code you have to enter <ESC>WD1:FILENAME.EXT<ESC><ESC> (W for write).

A very nice assembler from a very sophisticated programmer. Peter Finzel not only wrote this assembler and a matching "Toolbox", but also created "Cavelord","Schreckenstein", a book to learn Assembler (what I did with the help of it), the book "Hexenküche" (many elaborated hints and tips for the A8) and provided an assembler column monthly in a german computing magazine.

If there is really need for the handbook here (???), I could scan it (45 pages), but first I like to ask Peter for permission. Without an additional text recognition the automatic translation would be at least difficult... ;) - any volunteer or translator?

Ahh, Nice one, thanks. That save command should come in handy! If Peter does agree and you are willing to scan it, I feel that it will be a helpful thing to have it up online (since I found it impossible to find on searching). I've got a couple of German friends who might be willing to translate. I'd be willing to OCR it or copy out the text as-is to make google translation possible if it comes to it.

Thanks again :)

EDIT:

Seems my German friend is on board. We could make a nice translated PDF between us, so if you're up for it... :)

Edited by CongoZombie

How about you Irgendwer?!

Would mean another delay for my (various) other projects. So I not like this idea and I hope others don't like that too... ;)

But since "CongoZombie" seems willing to do the OCR/translation, I will now contact Peter...

Edited by Irgendwer

Awesome, thanks :) Hopefully this will be a nice reference for everyone else too.

I started with ATMAS II (bought the Original) and still have dozens of sources I need to convert to another source format - but cannot find the manual as well - So i would really welcome it!

• 3 weeks later...

I have scanned and OCR'd the manual last year (2009-09-30) but have not put it online yet. I just forgot about it. So, what now?

You could send it to "CongoZombie" for a translation...

I don't think that Peter has a big problem with spreading the manual (he sold already his equipment (here)), but I want to be sure. You can do whatever you like... ;)

• 2 years later...