IGNORED

Expansion Module game sneak peek

GroovyBee

Say Groovy, since you keep insisting that its not going to be a Gauntlet style game, is it going to be anything like the TSR Dungeon! game of the same name?

Nope! I said its not Gauntlet :P. Its a top down dungeon crawler with a long way to go before its finished.

Its a top down dungeon crawler with a long way to go before its finished.

Surely, with the 150K/year salary that the AtariAge community is paying you, you can step up the development of this! icon_razz.gif

Oh wait ...

Take your time GroovyBee and work at the speed that works for you. The results will be good!

Surely, with the 150K/year salary that the AtariAge community is paying you, you can step up the development of this! icon_razz.gif

:lolblue: I wish!

Take your time GroovyBee and work at the speed that works for you. The results will be good!

I fully intend to. Games take as long as they take ;).

• 1 year later...

Judging by the dates on these posts, I'm a little behind...

but this project looks awesome! I just ordered my expansion module for my 7800 so I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of homebrew comes out. How is the homebrew dev scene going these days - not just on this game, but for the 7800 in general?

but this project looks awesome!

Thanks for the compliment.

I just ordered my expansion module for my 7800 so I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of homebrew comes out.

I have several titles in the works, some announced and some not. All my future games (and previously announced titles) will be XM mandatory. There are links to my announced games on my AA profile's About Me page.

How is the homebrew dev scene going these days - not just on this game, but for the 7800 in general?

It depends who you ask :ponder: :lol: From my point of view it looks pretty good.

but this project looks awesome!

Thanks for the compliment.

I just ordered my expansion module for my 7800 so I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of homebrew comes out.

I have several titles in the works, some announced and some not. All my future games (and previously announced titles) will be XM mandatory. There are links to my announced games on my AA profile's About Me page.

How is the homebrew dev scene going these days - not just on this game, but for the 7800 in general?

It depends who you ask :ponder: :lol: From my point of view it looks pretty good.

FANTASTIC STUFF!! I'm SO glad I jumped on the 7800 bandwagon to replace my old 2600...

As a starting point Expansion Module games will have much better sound. The Expansion Module has several NES like mappers to assist the CPU when dealing with certain techniques used in games. That means that less CPU cycles are lost handling MARIA. The extra CPU cycles could be used to move more things on screen, better opponent AI etc (its a long list ;)).

So, you're saying that the XM is how you solve a problem like MARIA? :D

(Thumbs up to those who get it)

• Like 3

As a starting point Expansion Module games will have much better sound. The Expansion Module has several NES like mappers to assist the CPU when dealing with certain techniques used in games. That means that less CPU cycles are lost handling MARIA. The extra CPU cycles could be used to move more things on screen, better opponent AI etc (its a long list ;)).

So, you're saying that the XM is how you solve a problem like MARIA? :D

(Thumbs up to those who get it)

But in all fairness. "I'd like to say a word in her behalf, Maria makes me laugh". :D

• Like 1

Hi GB. Love the stuff you are doing!! :lust: Are you close to finishing any of these amazing projects?

Lunar The Silver Star on 7800.. I'll get right on that. Maybe Dragon's Lair... Never mind... Sega Master System 3d glasses adapter and some 3d game love.

:) I know... thats just crazy talk.

Lunar or Shining Force would be pretty cool.

But Im into new titles...sick of ports.

I your going to do a port. Do something that was say never had a home release. Or had a horrible home release that never look a thing like the arcade.

My choices:

Krull Arcade

Tron Aecade

Major Havok Arcade

Speed Rumbler Arcade

Mr Bubbles Arcade

Aliens or AVP Aecade

Robotech

Beach Head II

Last Ninja

Any good Tower Defense Game

Tempest 4000