IGNORED

Expansion Module game sneak peek

GroovyBee

Lunar The Silver Star on 7800.. I'll get right on that. Maybe Dragon's Lair... Never mind... Sega Master System 3d glasses adapter and some 3d game love.

:) I know... thats just crazy talk.

Lunar or Shining Force would be pretty cool.

But Im into new titles...sick of ports.

I your going to do a port. Do something that was say never had a home release. Or had a horrible home release that never look a thing like the arcade.

My choices:

Krull Arcade

Tron Aecade

Major Havok Arcade

Speed Rumbler Arcade

Mr Bubbles Arcade

Aliens or AVP Aecade

Robotech

Beach Head II

Last Ninja

Any good Tower Defense Game

Tempest 4000

A Gradius type game

Xybots

A good fighter game,

Grooveybee usually don't do arcade ports and you list of arcade games isn't a help to him as a result. What he does is mostly games that are similar to existing games like Apple Snaffle is a Boulder Dash type game.

PacManPlus(Bob) is the 7800 programmer that does arcade ports.

Edited by 8th lutz

Grooveybee usually don't do arcade ports and you list of arcade games isn't a help to him as a result. What he does is mostly games that are similar to existing games like Apple Snaffle is a Boulder Dash type game.

@ 8th lutz

I Never said for Grooveybee to do any ports.:ponder: And I was not listing anything at all for GB to port. In fact I said Im sick of ports as I stated in my post. I just was replying to Gorfcadet that it would be nice to see a cool story driven RPG Like Shining Force/Lunar. And if someone was to port something I would hope it to be some games like the ones I listed in my previous post that would be nice to finally see on a home console or improved....like a tower defense or a fighter game ;) . I am very aware of BOB BTW.:D .

Im sure Groovey knows that I would never force/request him to do anything he wouldnt want to. And I always prefer new games to remakes or ports. I really wish I can help GB out in any way I can tho, He is a great guy with mad skillz.:D

@ 8th lutz

I Never said for Grooveybee to do any ports.:ponder: And I was not listing anything at all for GB to port. In fact I said Im sick of ports as I stated in my post. I just was replying to Gorfcadet that it would be nice to see a cool story driven RPG Like Shining Force/Lunar. And if someone was to port something I would hope it to be some games like the ones I listed in my previous post that would be nice to finally see on a home console or improved....like a tower defense or a fighter game ;) . I am very aware of BOB BTW.:D .

Im sure Groovey knows that I would never force/request him to do anything he wouldnt want to. And I always prefer new games to remakes or ports. I really wish I can help GB out in any way I can tho, He is a great guy with mad skillz.:D

I'm just hoping one day someone makes a decent roguelike for the 7800...love the eternal replay!

Yes. Homebrew developers need to be viewed as fellow hobbyists, not as producers at Sony or Microsoft who are in charge of putting together a set of compelling launch titles for a new console.

Ah, but can't a homebrewer hope that one day *his* game will be included in a retro emulated commercial gaming environment like the handful of homebrews that have been included in Atari's recent iOS/Android release*? I know, the money certainly wouldn't come close to re-imbursing all the development time but still...

Can't it also be a resume-builder? Doesn't it say something about your programming skills if you can do something amazing on such a limited environment compared to modern systems?

*If Microsoft [and the programmer] was willing - and I have no clue about this - they should've included "Halo 2600" in that release just for the lulz...

Thanks for the compliment. As I've mentioned numerous times already its not going to be Gauntlet.

Groovy, the game looks awesome! I was going to ask you about the single player reasoning but you answered that question later on...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...