IGNORED

Halo for the 2600 Released at CGE! Download the game here!

Albert

Here's a bug or maybe not.

Hold fire down while you are traveling from screen to screen. You'll start off on the screen having a bullet already fired, but instantly.. If I know where an enemy is, I move back off the screen, position myself where he will be, and hold fire before entering the screen. This way I can kill one enemy quickly and already start dodging fire and moving to the next.

Knowing now that 2600 carts of Halo 2600 exist I can no longer live a satisfied life without possessing one. Please, please, please make it available in the Atari Age store.

I will be posting something about this tomorrow.. :ponder:

..Al

If you are going to sell this game, best post a link in this thread. My guess you will be selling them like hotcakes either way.

Knowing now that 2600 carts of Halo 2600 exist I can no longer live a satisfied life without possessing one. Please, please, please make it available in the Atari Age store.

..Al

Will be watching the boards for the update for sure!Crossing my fingers that this will be available in the near future.

but I was wondering one thing, Master Chief seems to occasionally move faster than normal, was that intentional, a side effect of the early hmove, or am I imagining things anyway, great game It's really impressive

He moves faster in the last third of the game, once you collected his speed boots :)

:o :o :o I won't move an inch and reload the page every 5 seconds now :o :o :o

(I assume todays re-opening of the store is a good sign? ;))

..Al

:o Thanks for the update! Hope it's good news. I'll log on as soon as I get home from work.

..Al

SWEET!! If you start taking orders tomorrow, hopefully you do so before noon EST so I can get in an order before bed. Living on the other side of the world can be a pain when it comes to ordering limited edition items.

My workmate just found the web version and I thought 'yeah - that's pretty damn good actually, the guy has made a flash game that's pretty true to the limitations of the original console, but I'm sure that some of those rooms are actually impossible to implement on a real machine so he's taken some liberties...'

Eh? The rooms are just borders and sprites. The original Adventure had more complex screen layouts. Which rooms did you think were impossible?

I can't remember offhand - The room layouts seemed easy enough to implement but I thought that some of the rooms had a few more moving objects and bullets flying around than I thought you'd be able to do.

Maybe it's just me being a rubbish 2600 coder...

Edited by sack-c0s

He moves faster in the last third of the game, once you collected his speed boots :)
So that's what those green striped blocks are! Weird, I never noticed a speed boost after collecting them.

He definitely moves faster with them, giving you a better chance to outmaneuver enemy shots which are also getting significantly faster later in the game.

What I'm not sure is what the red weapon does, besides firing 2 pixel wide shots. Maybe they're also slightly faster, but I didn't really notice that in case...

..Al

:o Thanks for the update! Hope it's good news. I'll log on as soon as I get home from work.

I agree with kain, I don't have a very large collection compared to other's I have seen, and I'm pretty easy to please with having a pile of common fun games over rare dull ones. This is just an amazing game to play though! While I can make a cart, but it's not the same as a legitimate cart. While I hope Albert's post is good news for getting my hands on one, I kind of hope that there is a difference in this cart and the GCE ones if production is starting again. I respect the people who actually got their carts from the CGE, and looking from their perspective, if I got my cart from there, only to have the exact same one become available online, I'd be a little disappointed. (Unless some actually managed to survive unsold at the CGE :D) I guess I can "what if" this scenario forever, the gist of the post being I'd kind of like to see a second generation of these carts become available, but have some visual difference from the CGE gen.

It's such an addictive little game, I'm betting this will go down as one of the most fun Atari 2600 games ever made.

Hyperbole fail.

Well as far as homebrews, its really top notch and it is fun.

It's like a treasure hunt version of Berzerk, it works well and I am enjoying it.

It's a fun game. It's homebrews like this that generate buzz and get people involved. Between this, Turbo, and the upcoming 5200 version of Tempest that have been produced as of late, these may bring more people into the community that otherwise may have not known or cared about classic games. It's just amazing what people are getting out of the hardware. So, if people are hyped up, that's great I say.

Cliff

Fun game!

Any Easter eggs?

--Will

Thanks!

Space was pretty tight with 4K and all so the only Easter Egg is what I call "Magic Land" (which is really just a bug). If you can get there it's fun to explore and document the strange creatures that live there.

• Like 1