IGNORED

Halo for the 2600 Released at CGE! Download the game here!

Albert

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if i could get a cartridge version of this somehow, i had no way to make it to the convention...unfortunatly i'm stuck in IOWA....so please tell me i can get a cartridge version for pretty cheap....as i assume the ones sold at convetion will be ebay'd for at minimum $100.00. give a little help to the fans that can't afford to travel around the nation to conventions...please :thumbsup: :sad:

I was wondering if i could get a cartridge version of this somehow, i had no way to make it to the convention...unfortunatly i'm stuck in IOWA....so please tell me i can get a cartridge version for pretty cheap....as i assume the ones sold at convetion will be ebay'd for at minimum $100.00. give a little help to the fans that can't afford to travel around the nation to conventions...please :thumbsup: :sad:

I believe this thread will eventually get that for which you ask. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a fantastic game, I discovered it a while ago when it was discussed at Racketboy and not only has it got me interested in Atari (it was before my time and always fell into the 'too retro for me' camp), but I've been playing around with some code for it as well.

Been using batari for now to get used to what the machine can do, but I plan to move to asm after my current game is finished. I really love writting for such a limited platform and having to think so carefully about everything to make it all work. Havnt enjoyed writting code this much for a few years now. Fantastic.

Ed, thanks for making this game for us to enjoy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

"Dawn of the Thread"! hahahahaha

hey guys, I'm trying to contact Ed Fries about using 7 seconds of HALO 2600 in a fun video I made. I thought the game was public domain style creation, but Youtube is giving me flack over video game rights. So, thought if I could show proof of permission or something, I could leave it in. I used it because it was NOT a real Atari game, and as a nod, homage, to video games and a wink to those that know about it.

Here is the video

and it is only used for 7 sconds up front, no titles or any identifiers.

I can edit it out and do something else, but I thought it was the perfect fun thing to show as being played in a modern produced video supposedly from 1971! :D

Let me know who to contact or whatever if you can.

Thanks!

KEEP ON ATARI-ing!!!

- Greg