IGNORED

Halo for the 2600 Released at CGE! Download the game here!

Albert

Wow, I hadn't seen this before now. The quote of mine that was posted earlier was written in response to an unrelated, "legally gray" homebrew that was done for another console (and which is no longer being sold), but it's cool to see that this one seems to be an officially sanctioned project. And it looks like a great game!

There are 171 guests here at this hour, so I guess the word is spreading. At this rate, we might break the 11/13/06 record for the most simultaneous visitors to AtariAge, and this time, we'll actually know why it happened! :lol:

I did a quick video of the game on Stella on my youtube channel and directed everyone who views it to this thread so perhaps that's part of it :)

Is there a picture of the cart? I'd love to see what it looks like. I downloaded the rom and its great. Also made a quick little youtube video of the rom. Hope that's ok

The quote above got me thinking about this though - how is Bungee and/or Microsoft going to feel about this? Will there be legal problems from this release?

The rom has just been released..no cart exists yet? I asked Al if he would make it a cart...I would love to buy this from the atariage store or at least from the owner of the software...

With a box would be nice as well...

If I read it correct. There were carts made for the CGE show but they'll most likely be sold. Whether or not more carts will be made to be sold in the AA store has yet to be determined, again, if I read it correct.

I'm actually quite shocked to be honest...

My workmate just found the web version and I thought 'yeah - that's pretty damn good actually, the guy has made a flash game that's pretty true to the limitations of the original console, but I'm sure that some of those rooms are actually impossible to implement on a real machine so he's taken some liberties...'

Then I looked here and found it *does* actually run on the real hardware and wasn't a 'retro-inspired flash game' as I first thought.

I don't know if I should be shocked, impressed or feel like an idiot but either way that's some seriously bloody good work!

• Like 1

My workmate just found the web version and I thought 'yeah - that's pretty damn good actually, the guy has made a flash game that's pretty true to the limitations of the original console, but I'm sure that some of those rooms are actually impossible to implement on a real machine so he's taken some liberties...'

Eh? The rooms are just borders and sprites. The original Adventure had more complex screen layouts. Which rooms did you think were impossible?

Sorry I've been slow to reply. As soon as I got home from CGE I had to go on a two day retreat and just returned this afternoon. I really appreciate all the nice comments. I know the people on these forums understand what it takes to make a 2600 game like this so your feedback means a lot more to me than the random comments on some gaming websites. I've been exchanging email with Al as he makes his way back to Austin from Las Vegas and hopefully he will have more to say about the availability of additional cartridges soon. Also I should mention (although you guys already figured this out) that I have been keeping people at Bungie and Microsoft in the loop as I developed this game and was never told I should stop doing it. There's always a chance they could say that, but so far they have been very supportive of this crazy project.

Other than that, please let me know if you have any questions (technical or otherwise) about the game.

• Like 7