IGNORED

Is there a PAL red label mouse trap cart?

pis

That's a poor scan. There's nothing to suggest it is PAL. Neither Rom nor I have confirmed a PAL red label mouse trap to exist.

Phil

No, im definently not sugesting it is PAL based on that scan. But someone who was involved in the pal raritylist projekt obviolusly thought that there were a PAL mouse trap, and i so desperetly wanted there to be a PAL redlabel mouse trap. The reson for that is becouse i got a mouse trap cart with a P sticker on it that i bought thinking it was PAL. But i tested it yeasterday after visiting atarimania and it is ofcourse NTSC. Why the f++k does someone in europe put a P sticker on a NTSC cart?!

If it is some kind of scam, money sure wasent the motive behind it. :)

Skål.

Usually red labels for the most part that are PAL have a -p after the part number on the main label. Atarimania is up on pretty much all PAL versions of games. If he doesn't have it, it most likely doesn't exist.

Phil

Yes i know that. The ones that dont have a p after the partnumber have a P sticker on the back of the cart, just like my mouse trap cart. Im pretty sure that if there were a PAL mouse trap it would be listed in atarimania. It was a stupid post, witsh is strange considering that drinking beer usally makes me smarter. :roll:

Skål!

i think that my mouse trap is PAL ... here are (most of) my red label carts. i bought basically all of these in germany:

post-12-128078934938_thumb.jpg

unfortunately the pic isn't sharp enough to recognise the serial #

Well i actually got my cart in germany as well. It has a P sticker on the back of the cart but im pretty sure it is NTSC becouse i tested it on my old 70´s 50mh TV. I allso have bought games from german sellers on ebay more then once and gotten NTSC-carts, when the sellers has claimed the cart to be PAL. So you will never know for sure until you test it. Alot of carts being sold on ebay in european countries ar NTSC.

Theres a swedish company that have 100´s of carts on sale on a auctionsite that are all NTSC, probably from some huge lot they got cheap on ebay.com. Kind of pisses me of sometimes, but that makes collecting PALcarts more challenging and fun to in a way.

I remember a post from someone here on AA claiming to have a blacklabel atari cart with a P on the endlabel that rolled on his 50mh tv, i beleved him. :)

Jah, it doesn't look like your Mouse Trap has the P at the end of the part number. Man, I wish I could find more red label games. :(

Phil

Far from all PAL red label carts have a p next to the partnumber. The ones that dont have that came with a small P sticker on the back of the cart. I think most PAL red label games has a labelvariation like that.

Skål!

You might want to ask YOK-dfa if he is able to check his Mouse Trap. He believe he has/had what he believe to be a PAL one....

I did, my red label Mouse Trap does not have a P in the productcode, but many of my red labels don't have one (I mainly collect PAL games and i can understand maybe one or two NTSC red labels slipping through, but not half of my red label collection). Interestingly, my Fatal Run is also missing the P in the productcode...

BTW just noticed, but the picture of the cart mentioned in the first post is my card. If needed i can probably make a better scan.

Edited by YOK-dfa

You might want to ask YOK-dfa if he is able to check his Mouse Trap. He believe he has/had what he believe to be a PAL one....

I did, my red label Mouse Trap does not have a P in the productcode, but many of my red labels don't have one (I mainly collect PAL games and i can understand maybe one or two NTSC red labels slipping through, but not half of my red label collection). Interestingly, my Fatal Run is also missing the P in the productcode...

BTW just noticed, but the picture of the cart mentioned in the first post is my card. If needed i can probably make a better scan.

I have 12 redlabel-carts that i have tested and is 100% PAL that doesent have a P in the productioncode. I found 10 of them listed on atarimania, but these are missing there:

Qbert 1987 CX26150

dark chambers 1988 CX26151

Skål!

• 1 month later...

Hello again.

It would be great if u could test your cart and take a screenshot of your TV. Could u do that YOK-dfa?

I have 12 redlabel-carts that i have tested and is 100% PAL that doesent have a P in the productioncode. I found 10 of them listed on atarimania, but these are missing there:

Qbert 1987 CX26150

dark chambers 1988 CX26151

Skål!

Would love a scan of that Q*Bert one.

The Dark Chambers is already in our database:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-dark-chambers_7347.html

8)

• 12 years later...
On 8/2/2010 at 2:54 AM, pis said:

No, im definently not sugesting it is PAL based on that scan. But someone who was involved in the pal raritylist projekt obviolusly thought that there were a PAL mouse trap, and i so desperetly wanted there to be a PAL redlabel mouse trap. The reson for that is becouse i got a mouse trap cart with a P sticker on it that i bought thinking it was PAL. But i tested it yeasterday after visiting atarimania and it is ofcourse NTSC. Why the f++k does someone in europe put a P sticker on a NTSC cart?!

If it is some kind of scam, money sure wasent the motive behind it.

I’ve also been hunting for a PAL Atari red label Mouse Trap, but each cart I’ve bought here in the Netherlands turned out to be a NTSC version. I guess this was just a big f-up by Atari at the time when QC wasn’t part of the process anymore.