IGNORED

Is this really 'New in Box' ?

Rev

It's a very nice-looking package, to be sure, but I suspect that it has been opened at least once. If that was really an original rubber band (which I doubt INTV ever used), it would have dry-rotted and fallen apart a long time ago. The pictures aren't close enough to show if there are any "bite marks" from the video cable on the RF modulator plug; that's usually a sure sign that the console has been used before.

This is the first time I've seen an original INTV System III box, and it's certainly interesting. I'm surprised they actually listed "Improved Reliability" as a bullet point! If the console had reliability problems in the past, I would think you wouldn't want to remind people of that on the packaging.

Hi,

I think the power cord has a white rubber band that is "desintegrating". I´ve open a few Atari 800 new in the box, and the rubber bands on the cable looks like that, the rubber band "melted" and became "glued" together but also very fragile. I don´t know if I explain myself, but that part looks real to me..

In the last picture, you can see the piece of tape has become yellower at the end, i´ll say is a sign that the plastic was open, and the sealed again (dirt for the hands, air, etc)

Overall is difficult to say it´s new, but in my opinion is very close to say so. You could ask more pictures, especially the ribbon on the cable, that state of the ribbon is impossible to imitate, and breaks and fall off at any manipulation.

post-26431-128071525021_thumb.jpg

Edited by edintv

A surefire way to tell if an Intellivision has been used is to look at the disks on the controllers. Unfortunately, you can't see them through the cardboard, so...

Nevermind, I saw another pic of the whole system. Yes, those disks really do look brand new.

Edited by 4Ks

If a box has been opened, there is no way to ever conclusively say or prove that it is NIB. So to me, just the fact that he shows the box open disproves it. At a point like that it becomes someone "giving you their word" that it is NOS.

Call me a pessimist I guess.

Take a look at this "new in box" intellivision. they say it is but i don't believe them,what do you think? while it is surley a nice clean system, it is not new. They even say NOS....

notice that the cord inside has a rubber band around it. icon_rolleyes.gif

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2606444910651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260644491065&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Rev??? Did you?? Wasn't me. Somebody else want to own up?

Take a look at this "new in box" intellivision. they say it is but i don't believe them,what do you think? while it is surley a nice clean system, it is not new. They even say NOS....

notice that the cord inside has a rubber band around it. icon_rolleyes.gif

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2606444910651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260644491065&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Rev??? Did you?? Wasn't me. Somebody else want to own up?

no, wasnt me. i have too many consoles as it is. someone was really gullible!

I don't want to prejudge, as some like new boxes are indeed legit.But, not long ago, finding games,(I'll use the ColecoVision boxes as the best example), was an extreme rarity to find, CV games with a like new crisp box.Now with the high demand for boxed games and improved printing techniques, and equipment, i now see TONS of CV games with boxes that are absolutely flawless after 30+ years.Yes it is possible for boxes to be flawless, but not in the numbers i now see, something's fishy.I don't mind a box printed by the hobbyist, but passing it off as the original is not cool.If a seller says the box was reproduced by himself or someone else, and put a disclaimer on box saying so, that's great.So, yeah, I'm suspicious.Some may add their like new boxes in the deal, to get more money, that are real and legit, sure, but like i said, the numbers are too great to be believable.As far as supposed unopened boxes? same thing, that can easily be duplicated nowadays, there's so many deceitful people out there. :x :evil:

Edited by Rik

I don't want to prejudge, as some like new boxes are indeed legit.But, not long ago, finding games,(I'll use the ColecoVision boxes as the best example), was an extreme rarity to find, CV games with a like new crisp box.Now with the high demand for boxed games and improved printing techniques, and equipment, i now see TONS of CV games with boxes that are absolutely flawless after 30+ years.Yes it is possible for boxes to be flawless, but not in the numbers i now see, something's fishy.I don't mind a box printed by the hobbyist, but passing it off as the original is not cool.If a seller says the box was reproduced by himself or someone else, and put a disclaimer on box saying so, that's great.So, yeah, I'm suspicious.Some may add their like new boxes in the deal, to get more money, that are real and legit, sure, but like i said, the numbers are too great to be believable.As far as supposed unopened boxes? same thing, that can easily be duplicated nowadays, there's so many deceitful people out there. :x :evil:

Well, I can talk exlusively for the Venezuelan source games, I can assure you there are legit and they exists in big quantities and they will no be depleted for a long time (some titles do) think in this way: is profitable to recreate an astrosmash box with manuals, overlays, a very good condition cart who only can sell for about 10$ and less? but i think that you can tell the difference is a box is replicated or not.