IGNORED

Jaguar Homebrew Projects

Atari_Owl

How come you can't purchase any Jaguar homebrews via AA store?

The majority of homebrew games for the Jaguar have been released for free by their authors. A few exceptions, like Madbodies, are no longer available from the developers but they do pop up on eBay and in the Marketplace every now and again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just thought i'd update this stating that Blackout! Is still being worked on and has been optimized dramatically and is well under way on development. This had been shelved for quite some time since development started back in march of 2009 but has been picked back up and should be slated for a Jaguar CD Release eventually.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all!

I have just started offering "Atari Orange" Replacement Buttons for Standard Atari Jaguar Controllers. I never liked that the Jag shipped with Red Controller buttons while all the classic Atari systems shipped with Orange buttons....Trivial? Maybe..but I like Orange better than Red so..there you have it..

I am currently offering a small run of 10 sets of buttons. One set contains a single "A,B AND C" button and will mod one controller. I can make buttons and D-pads in White, Black and Orange. If anyone is interested check out my ebay listing and drop me a message.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1306814777851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130681477785&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I am going to be offering whole controller shells in different colors as soon as I can get some additional funds together to buy the materials.

Enjoy!

Judas-Prime

post-32638-0-76155300-1334605855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Judas-Prime
  • Like 3

Hi all!

I have just started offering "Atari Orange" Replacement Buttons for Standard Atari Jaguar Controllers. I never liked that the Jag shipped with Red Controller buttons while all the classic Atari systems shipped with Orange buttons....Trivial? Maybe..but I like Orange better than Red so..there you have it..

I am currently offering a small run of 10 sets of buttons. One set contains a single "A,B AND C" button and will mod one controller. I can make buttons and D-pads in White, Black and Orange. If anyone is interested check out my ebay listing and drop me a message.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1306814777851?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130681477785&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I am going to be offering whole controller shells in different colors as soon as I can get some additional funds together to buy the materials.

Enjoy!

Judas-Prime

AWESOME.

White controller shells with white or black buttons would be really cool.

The buttons and D-pads are made from 2 piece silicone molds and filled with plastic resin.

More Pics

The Retro Orange Theme in the back and the New "Blackout" Theme in the foreground.

post-32638-0-41017500-1334796403_thumb.jpg

"The GT"

post-32638-0-60792500-1334797110_thumb.jpg

post-32638-0-23039600-1334797132_thumb.jpg

"Ivory"

post-32638-0-32384600-1334797210_thumb.jpg

Random Parts waiting to be cleaned...

post-32638-0-68819000-1334797274_thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Judas-Prime
  • Like 1

Crystal blue translucent buttons would be nice to feature a blank joypad as it would be perfect for the white "dentist" version of the Jag.

I wonder if the guy in USA has still some Jag white cases to sell.

• 3 months later...

* Starcat

- Eerievale - Publicly Demo'd

eerievale1.jpg

Genre : Point & Click Adventure

Platform : Jaguar (Media to be determined), Dreamcast, PC & Mac

Trailer :

* Atari_Owl and Raven

- Atari Owl Project - Working Title - Publicly Demo'd

Slide1.JPG

Genre : Action/Adventure/RPG

Platform : Cart + Data CD

Trailer :

These two projects are still in development or are abandoned?

For Atariowl, the answer is here: http://atariowlproject.blogspot.com/

Even it it was posted on July 2011 I guess it is still valid and the dev of Atariowl is going on.

For Eerievale, if the dedicated website has not changed since august 2010, the website of Starcat-dev is under construction promising for something new and I believe that something new is Eerievale so like written stay tuned :)

Link of Eerievale: http://www.eerievale.com/

Link to Starcat-dev: http://www.starcat-dev.de/

Link to Lars Hannig website: http://blog.larshannig.com/?lan=en&cat=1&lay=writing

For Atariowl, the answer is here: http://atariowlproject.blogspot.com/

Even it it was posted on July 2011 I guess it is still valid and the dev of Atariowl is going on.

For Eerievale, if the dedicated website has not changed since august 2010, the website of Starcat-dev is under construction promising for something new and I believe that something new is Eerievale so like written stay tuned :)

Link of Eerievale: http://www.eerievale.com/

Link to Starcat-dev: http://www.starcat-dev.de/

Link to Lars Hannig website: http://blog.larshann...t=1&lay=writing

Thanks buddy!

I'm still here

Lars and I are still in contact.

I won't speak for him, but for me, its just not a priority at the moment.

There have been very substantial demands on my and Raven's time which have taken precedence for a while now.

When this changes the intention is to push on.

Hello friend!

Keep firm. Never give up.

Your project and Eerivale are the most promising projects here. I do not decry the other projects, but independent productions so call me when they draw attention to the full power of the hardware, and show that these two projects, mainly his.

It does not really interest me see the Jaguar game projects that are technically infinitely poorer than the 16-bit games.

Ends soon so I can buy the game

Edited by Edi (FZ2D)

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure if this is the place to do it, but I wanted to put myself out there as a pixel artist looking to contribute to some Jag homebrew. Whether it be a port of some kind or an original project, I'm interested in volunteering my services. Anyone need someone on art?

Here's a look at some of the stuff I've been doing recently as a quick demo of competence:

Rotated walk cycle

Still frame of an Ent

Compilation of 32x32 explosions

Elaborate fire effect

Dungeon interior, LoZ-like perspective

Pseudo-8-bit poster

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

skunkboard, impulse x and another world need updating.

smac/sln could be updated but are tools appropriate to this thread? there have been a lot of tools released and then there are crossover end-user "things" like qUaKe... only games and hardware makes sense in this thread.

this thread really needs regular updates and stripping of chatter (just have the info posts, not the blah afterwards such as this post).

• 4 months later...