IGNORED

Jaguar Homebrew Projects

Atari_Owl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of these games look simple in gameplay compared to what the Jaguar did back in its day. Maybe there is hope for my "Finger Dancing Bombs" game, which is kind of like twister for your 2 hands. Press a keypad button with a keypad, then while holding it, press another, and another, up to 6, then take one finger off and put it on a seventh.

I thought it was too simnple of a game to include in a stand-alone cartridge, I thought msot of these games would be as complex as a SNES or Genesis game. Apparently (though looks may be deceiving) some of these look simpler game-play-wise. I thought it would have to be included in a minigame compilation called "Going to the Party Jag". Mario Party always showcased their microphones, their wii mote, their touchpad, their gyroscope, etc. Sonic Shuffle showcased the VMU as a cheap privacy screen for secretly picking cards and mixing them up to pass a Robotnik card on someone else if they try picking one of your cards. This "Finger Dancing Bombs"game would demonstrate the feature, if what the neo-Jag-Pro controller guy is saying is true, that all 12 keypad buttons are independent, and not reliant on only one being pressed at a time. If that's true, then this would be the perfect concept to showcase that fact.

Ideas are cheap, anyone on this forum use it if they want. I hope you'll be nice enough to credit me with the concept AND if for some strange reason there is a net verison of the Jaguar with downloadable ROM and Retrobrews are included, a small percentage fo the revenue would be included, along with this advice, more people would play it if it were free, so the only way to raise revenue, assumning the day the download Jaguar comes and can be monetized with either purchases or commercials, so put a commercial that changes via the web every 15 minutes it's played, but ONLY whenever there's a convenient stopping point, (commercial cliffhangers are good for TV, bad for games) on a virtual web-enabled Jag console. more people will try it if it's free, and the more it's tried, the more you get paid.

As to the possibility of a Web-enabled neo-Jaguar, visit http://www.netrogames.com to see my concept of using a low ping connection to turn ANY console, from the 2600 to the 360, into a Web console, even if the original code was not web enabled. Sprint said their Direct Connect Network is the perfect network for a low-ping connection. They just need someone to pull the trigger.

Keith Robinson asked Steve Roney, just before Keith died, whether it was worth pulling the trigger. Steve said the fac that I work with 56k connectoin makes him weary. but the point is I didn't know if Direct Connect speeds were dial-up-equivalent, or whether they were the same as their non-Direct Connect Data speeds. I was going off a worst case scenerio, that they were dial up, Roney said you need more speed. I was told by Tex Tiexera, the Engineering Executive of Sprint, they can be both high-speed AND low-ping simultaneously. So Steve, or any one else who thinks this is a decent project, if the only reason you thought it wouldn work was becuase of my conservative asssumption of 56k you've got the bandwidth., Now here's a way to test it:

There are emulators with generic web-networking. Normally they feel "skatey", meaning more proactive and less reactive, because of high ping time. If Direct Connect Data lowers the ping time to 1 ms/300 km of distance between the 2 players, and doing that makes it less "skatey", then that's the proof of my idea working.

Any 2 people who live within 2400 towered-land-path km between each other and have Sprint Direct Connect, try it, and see if it works. Try an emulator which is normally considered "Skatey" or more proactive, less reactive. Then apply a Direct Connect connection, see if that makes it easier.

By the way, Steve Roney, the reason I assumed only 56k was because I didn't know if I had more than 56k to work with because Direct Connect was intended originally as a voice service, so maybe ONLY 56k was allocated to that type of connection. Since Tex Tiexera has confirmed that Direct Connect is just as high speed as regular Sprint network connections, just quicker ping times, maybe you'll consider it now. The only drawback is a Sprint-to-Sprint connection, but Sprint is the only ones consistently offering it anyway, so if you're going to do this, you'll have have a unified service anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use to post long worded stuff like... Still do sometimes, but the consensus is to keep it short and direct to the point. Sometimes people just have a lot on your mind and want to get it out there. I know I like posting ideas I have, but I found the best thing to do is to write/type the idea down on MS Word or a rich text format and save it for later. It's a great learning tool when you go back and read something you wrote sometime ago and realize something about the idea you didn't quite see the first time around. It forces you to go back and look again; that is if you still believe in your ideas and want to see it come to fruition. Sometimes it can take you places one wouldn't think it would take you; just remember where ever you go, there you are... Just keep moving.

Edited by philipj

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How about porting Batman 1989 arcade game and Street fighter alpha 2 to the Jaguar. Takes a lot of skills to programme for the jaguar. If i could have done it, i'd make arcade ports of all the Double Dragon Direct Arcade to the Jaguar- the sega versions were 85% close to the original arcade. the jaguar can deliver a 100% accurate port. 

Edited by Jaguar 2000

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 11:08 AM, Jaguar 2000 said:

How about porting Batman 1989 arcade game and Street fighter alpha 2 to the Jaguar. Takes a lot of skills to programme for the jaguar. If i could have done it, i'd make arcade ports of all the Double Dragon Direct Arcade to the Jaguar- the sega versions were 85% close to the original arcade. the jaguar can deliver a 100% accurate port. 

Please someone make this dude's wish a reality! haha  I'd seriously pay 200 USD for Double Dragon arcade perfect ports on the Jag. My money would create wings and fly to someone else's pockets in a heart beat.

Please someone :D

• Like 2