IGNORED

Jaguar Homebrew Projects

Atari_Owl

For you homebrewers I think it would be cool to have a miniature golf game for the Jag. :) can someone make one? :D Also maybe what about another pinball game? What about a homebrew 3d game? Oh and a bowling game would be cool. Maybe a racing game too. RPG?

• 1 month later...

Is anyone working on a new Doom for Jag or has one been made that i'm unaware of? I myself am interested in making a new doom cd-based, complete with new assets (doom3 to doom2 assets, if possible to port to Jag) maps, and in game music. Plan to use the original 3DO doom soundtrack. I'm new to this but have the hardware jag/jagcd/skunk and many pieces of software. I know the doom rom had non-ingame music but from what i've tinkered with thus far, I don't know if using the original doom rom as base to start from is going to help or hurt me with what i'm wanting to do. However, I may not have a choice as to I am NOT what most would consider to be a true blue programmer. I know some code (mostly videocipher II satellite encryption and older dtv card related) some older VB, that is about it. Just learning doom builder but any help making my project come to life would be greatly appreciated.

I know the doom rom had non-ingame music but from what i've tinkered with thus far, I don't know if using the original doom rom as base to start from is going to help or hurt me with what i'm wanting to do.

Wish you the best, and I'll buy two cd copies if you make it in five years, and only one copy if it takes longer time. =) I can't help you more than that.

How long have you dug into the programming, 5%, 15%? Just curious.

Wish you the best, and I'll buy two cd copies if you make it in five years, and only one copy if it takes longer time. =) I can't help you more than that.

How long have you dug into the programming, 5%, 15%? Just curious.

:) Yeah I might just hold you to that 5 year promise. ;) ...Maybe 15% which, is why I think i'll be building new rather than using the old doom rom. Fortunately there are many new (and new-er) tools for doom and jag in general, we'll see how far I get.

:) Yeah I might just hold you to that 5 year promise. ;) ...Maybe 15% which, is why I think i'll be building new rather than using the old doom rom. Fortunately there are many new (and new-er) tools for doom and jag in general, we'll see how far I get.

What i'm remembering as non-ingame music is the very little bit right when the doom screen pops up. Which I doubt is really music, was thinking the demo played before you start a game had music but I see ow that I must have been confusing that with a different port. My bad. But, all the more reason to start fresh.

Your should change some in it and call it BOOM or why not MOOD. :D

Forget the name, you need mugs and T-shirts and a website, and a box and pre-orders before you write a single line of code.

Yes merch are next step, code creates itself, right! But I do insist: you need the name to print t-shirts and mugs and all. :D

Edited by Atlantis

Yes merch are next step, code creates itself, right! But I do insist: you need the name to print t-shirts and mugs and all. :D

Nah, just an obscure logo will do.

ObviousTroll.jpg

If you can, announce 5 or 6 different projects, say they'll only take about a weekend each, and then disappear for months on end and come back triumphantly announcing you've discovered something 'new' that's been in use for over 20 years and was written in a manual anyway. Always good for your 'street cred' - plus, MOAR MERCH!

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5

Well all I can do is try, I know it won't be easy at all....And 5 Years, how about five weekends, that make y'all feel better? Maybe a silkscreen T-shirt too. Nah, Just joking. :)

I'm sure that if I make even 10 new levels the way that I want, people will send money faster than I can make cd copies. Money is not the main goal HOWEVER, it is always nice to have more of it coming in.

Yes, that would be the idea. Actual real footage of a jag running it on a 4k lcd. I have the scart cable and scart to hdmi so that is possible to display my jag in 1080p. Or a a bunch of other res's, for movie like stuff or cinepak I usually use 800x600. But yes, once I have enough done to record it, I will.

• 6 months later...

Jagware

Doger -- Tutorial version released

Genre : frogger

dogerfxqc2.png

No video / Website

μFLY -- 0.99 preview released

Genre : superflappycopter

ufly_pqr5i.png

Video / Thread

Boingy -- Previewed

Genre : platformer

boingxxpk7.png

Video / Thread

Bexagon -- Previewed

Genre : Super Hexagon-ish

bexagonc3oys.png

Video / No official page/announce

SporadicSoft

Astro-Storm -- Released

Genre : 1st person space shmup

astro-stormitp5c.png

No video / Thread

not-OutRun -- Early preview released

Genre : driving

notoutrun3fo71.png

No video / Thread

• Like 7

What about using software wrappers around arcade ROMs? People were talking about Xenophobe in the 7800 forums and that got me to thinking about that game. The ST and Amiga versions aren't arcade-perfect since they are only 2-player, but if there was a means to use a software wrapper around the arcade ROM, the Jag should probably be able to handle it and support 3-players [via a Team Tap, of course] too. The Jag controllers have more than enough fire buttons to replicate arcade play too, unlike the ST and Amiga versions. The arcade original uses a 68000 for its CPU but also a secondary 68000 and DAC for audio. Perhaps that might be too much for the Jag DSP; I dunno.

Can someone who actually gives a damn please take ownership of this and remove all the chaff from the first post? I'm sure most people look at it, look at the dates, and give up.

- Can be killed:

Stacrat - Eerievale - Canelled

Force Design - Everything except Mad Bodies

CrazyAce - Everything (There's no info anyway!)

SubQMod - SMAC/SLN - Outdated, buggy and superseded by RMAC/RLN

Belboz - Death Tongue - Cancelled

Stormworks - Zero

SwapD0 - Elite II - Again, no info.

JustClaws - Everything - C'mon, years and years with nothing.