IGNORED

Jaguar Homebrew Projects

Atari_Owl

* Songbird Productions

- Mystery Jag Project #1

- Mystery Jag Project #2

What ever happen to Songbird Productions? Do they have any more Jag game they plan to release or have they moved on to other projects?

• Like 1

What ever happen to Songbird Productions? Do they have any more Jag game they plan to release or have they moved on to other projects?

What? Carl's still around, and active on this board. I believe that Mystery Project #1 was already revealed. Can't remember if it was Total Carnage, Robinson's Requiem, or something else.

What? Carl's still around, and active on this board. I believe that Mystery Project #1 was already revealed. Can't remember if it was Total Carnage, Robinson's Requiem, or something else.

Great! I really support what Carl is doing and hope to see what's on the horizon for Jaguar releases.

I want to learn Raptor Basic! And port STUN Runner to a Jaguar clear cart.. I'm pretty sure source is floating around too.

There are plenty of tutorials in the Jaguar Programing/rB+ threads here on AA! Most of them are written by ggn and he is usually very good about providing feedback and giving help. In addition several people who worked with developing rB+ can be found right here on the forums! This includes the guy who made the Raptor API. They are fun bunch and always willing to give words of encouragement and help out folks who need a hand getting started.

READ EVERYTHING

I recommend downloading the entire package you will need from the link in this thread http://atariage.com/forums/topic/234223-raptor-basic-updates/Then get yourself a decent sound editing program. I use Audacity combined with the Switch sound converter for my sound needs. Remember to only use 8 bit signed sounds!

You will also need a good graphics editing program. I use a combination of Photoshop, Xnview and Game Maker to make most of my sprites, however there are tons of programs out there that can get the job done

you can find useful links to these tools here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265885-rb-tutorial-6-tools-of-the-trade/

In addition if you ever get stumped feel free to reach out to one of the guys around here. They are ALWAYS willing to help and are very understanding in that it's a learning process and skill comes with practice.

Don't shoot for a STUN runner port right away, start with the tutorials, then build a simple game of your own first. This will help with the learning curve.

Feel free to reach out to me too, although I'm usually busy with all my projects I try to be good about responding too.

Good luck!

• Like 3

Pardon my ignorance, but I just dug out my Jaguar and Jaguar CD after getting a Sony PVM-2530 recently.

I don't have a Skunkboard, and I know they probably will not be made anymore (the only hope is is I hope a future Everdrive), so what are my options for playing some Jaguar homebrew on my setup?

You only just missed a run of skunkboards, they are being made in small batches. You can still play some of the homebrew games using your Jaguar CD while waiting for the SD cart to arrive. There are quite a few threads on AA about burning stuff to CD just search and you will find...

• Like 1

You only just missed a run of skunkboards, they are being made in small batches. You can still play some of the homebrew games using your Jaguar CD while waiting for the SD cart to arrive. There are quite a few threads on AA about burning stuff to CD just search and you will find...

I saw the skunk boards for sale. Are they hard to work with?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm just getting back into Jaguar collecting, honestly, there are only 4 original games that I don't have, so I am interested in adding the Homebrew games to my collection. Gaz and Piko Interactive have been great about their products, but I don't want to miss out on anything. Is there a definitive homebrew LIST (not just what's here that has pending things on it) of what has been released (cartridge and CD) and who developed it? Thank you very much for your help, I forgot how great of a community this was!

I don't know of a comprehensive list of all homebrew releases. The first page of this topic has not been updated in a long time. I could update it, but I'm gonna need some help from the developers of the homebrews ; I haven't been keeping track of releases during the last few years.

I just put together an Excel spreadsheet listing absolutely everything for the Jaguar/Jag CD I have ever purchased, seen, heard of, or anticipated. PM me and I can send you a copy and you can edit it as you see fit. All told I list 137 titles thus far, but that includes a couple special editions (BS Gold, Protector) and Betas.

I don't know of a comprehensive list of all homebrew releases. The first page of this topic has not been updated in a long time. I could update it, but I'm gonna need some help from the developers of the homebrews ; I haven't been keeping track of releases during the last few years.

It was so much easier 15 years ago when all the big, active, mouthy devs produced feck all :)

• Like 5

Mystery Jag Project #1 was Protector: Resurgence and MJP #2 was Robinson's Requiem.

I think he most recently released a Soccer Kid / Frog Feast cart. He mentioned in his standalone FF cart thread he'd like to finally create his own game. But, I don't know the status on that.

• 6 months later...

Three games in the works from bello games, threads in the rb+ forum:

Not sure what to do with any of them yet, there will be binaries of versions of these to play at some point, maybe timed with Atari parties or something. It'd be nice to have someone handle proper releases but not sure of all the possibilities these days. They could all be made CD-able at least, and I've handled those before, but I'd just rather not get hands-on with any of that ever again as it's a bind, not fun and a waste of time.
  • Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

Browsing Ebay, I noticed a lot of homebrew software being sold on CD. Is this known?

This seems the most extreme, unless I am mistaken, or am I mistaken it's just a demo.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nyan-Cat-Atari-Jaguar-CD-Boxed-Complete/312082484541

I was surprised how extreme the Jaguar collecting market has become lately, as well...
Best wishes to all old and new developers!

• Like 4

Browsing Ebay, I noticed a lot of homebrew software being sold on CD. Is this known?

This seems the most extreme, unless I am mistaken, or am I mistaken it's just a demo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nyan-Cat-Atari-Jaguar-CD-Boxed-Complete/312082484541

I was surprised how extreme the Jaguar collecting market has become lately, as well...

Best wishes to all old and new developers!

Mr Kizza/The Laird/Kieren Hawken/Epyx/General Scum Asshole

Between him and JaySmith its a wonder any binaries get released anymore.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1