IGNORED

7800 Expansion Module pics? video?

Shawn

Its a miracle... someone actually took some photo's of it! ;-)

http://spiceware.org/gallery/cge2010/P1010960

http://spiceware.org/gallery/cge2010/P1010961

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ve4C1vvolps/TFdEV9lUrgI/AAAAAAAAA4Q/Te75dkKtg9A/s400/CGE2010+043.jpg

Hey,

Did anyone take pics or video of the new 7800 toys from CGE? I'd love to see them as I'm sure everyone else who didn't get to go would also.

Shawn

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 2

To accurately express my feelings about seeing it for the first time, I stole a scene from Runaway and added our own members:

Curt: Beautiful, just beautiful

GroovyBee: I'm glad your satisfied, Dr. Vendel

Curt: Satisfied? I'm delighted!

I had this positioned where I could keep an eye on it easily, so it would have been more difficult to walk off with. Plus, it's much larger than a 7800 cartridge, thus making it more difficult to jam into a pocket or bag.

Quite a few people examined the 7800 Expansion Module and I saw many people taking pictures of it as well. I was asked repeatedly when it'd become available and how much it would cost. So there's definitely interest. :)

..Al

Plus it seats very snuggly into the cartridge slot, I had to alter the existing STLPART files and draft the sides of the cartridge interconnect down by 1 degree and I had completely forgotten to round the corners! (that's what I get for doing it at like 3-4am in the morning!) I did some quick fix widdling, and verified the measurements, and applied the draft to the side walls and made sure I ran it through a mold test so that it can actually be made into a production mold. I'm shopping around right now for a family tool to reduce costs and keep the pricing in the proposed range. I'm shooting for 500pcs which I hope will enough to get out to most people and then run some spare runs and make sure there isn't later on people complaining they can't get them and then the price gouging nonsense starts which I made a promise I'd do my best not to allow happen.

Going back to the fit --- No one was going to casually lift the 7800XM off of the 7800 and waltz away with it, it has to be removed off of the cartridge slot with a little work and its not like a little cart that one can palm and walk away with, its a decent sized item - about 5" X 11" X 6" so thats like a loaf of bread :-)

I had this positioned where I could keep an eye on it easily, so it would have bee more difficult to walk off with. Plus, it's much larger than a 7800 cartridge, thus making it more difficult to jam into a pocket or bag.

Quite a few people examined the 7800 Expansion Module and I saw many people taking pictures of it as well. I was asked repeatedly when it'd become available and how much it would cost. So there's definitely interest. :)

..Al

It looks really nice! Will this only work on the NTSC version of the console?

It'll work on PAL and NTSC consoles fine. I'd recommend catching up on the other expansion module threads because there is much more information in them.

That's great. I'll read the other threads more thorough, thanks!

Edited by viktorh