IGNORED

Halo 2600 Pre-Order

Albert

Al, have you considered completely cutting off the production of these carts after a certain number is reached (whatever that number might be) so that the cart remains relatively rare? I don't mean right now, of course, but eventually?

Well, the label used for the CGE carts will be relatively rare. :)

..Al

• Like 1

Al, have you considered completely cutting off the production of these carts after a certain number is reached (whatever that number might be) so that the cart remains relatively rare? I don't mean right now, of course, but eventually?

Why? I have a feeling this has already sold more than most homebrews do anyway.

Why? I have a feeling this has already sold more than most homebrews do anyway.

When you look at your collection, what items mean the most to you? Maybe a certain game or controller you owned when you were little. Maybe it the original system that survived in the attic for 25 years and mom never threw out. I think for many of us, our rare items are what we showcase and feel the most proud of, not unlike other types of collecting. I realize it's not a popular question to ask, but part of me wants Atariage and the developer to make as much money on this cart as possible. The other part of me likes the idea that I'll own a very special and rare part of history.

I suppose the truth is homebrews don't have a rarity value, at least not here on Atariage.com.

Edited by shadowdoggie

Well , we, the european guys at least have the hope of waiting to the PAL version , i have send an email but i hope we can have see news about it soon

I'm done with the scanline counts and just finished a first rough color conversion, which still requires finetuning and real TV testing. I'm positive to deliver sometime this weekend :)

Well , we, the european guys at least have the hope of waiting to the PAL version , i have send an email but i hope we can have see news about it soon

I'm done with the scanline counts and just finished a first rough color conversion, which still requires finetuning and real TV testing. I'm positive to deliver sometime this weekend icon_smile.gif

Im so inspired by this thread to develop games, but why didnt someone think of this release years ago....I say sell as many as people will buy. Homebrews hold no rarirty value....as mentioned before, but this ones value should be added to anyone's collection.

Heck this should be sold with an atari and promoted to all those kids over at other sites around the world. Buy an Atari today. Play Halo like your dad would have when he was a kid..>! I dont know some cheesy tag line could be produced....make a limited edition Halo Green Atari and sell it with the game...Kids will dig it!

• Like 1

I'm done with the scanline counts and just finished a first rough color conversion, which still requires finetuning and real TV testing. I'm positive to deliver sometime this weekend :)

If I wasn't going to be away for the next few days, I'd offer to test and assist... given I bought a copy of Halo @ CGE and have an NTSC system to try it on. Hence be able to do some head to head direct comparisons. But sadly I'll be gone till Wednesday.

Heck this should be sold with an atari and promoted to all those kids over at other sites around the world. Buy an Atari today. Play Halo like your dad would have when he was a kid..>! I dont know some cheesy tag line could be produced....make a limited edition Halo Green Atari and sell it with the game...Kids will dig it!

Great idea!

Al, that is a good idea, maybe cut it off right after I get mine!

what a greedy thing to say. are you more worried about the resale value or playing the game on your VCS?

jeez!

• Like 6

bpunk - items get released in limited quantities in all forms of collecting. To answer your question, I'm not worried about playing it on my system because I can play it right now. I'm more of a collector than a gamer so I simply asked the question so that I'm more informed about the rarity of this item. If your interpretation of that is greed, I accept your opinion, but how else will I know unless I ask? Why so judgmental? I was fine with whatever decision Al made, and I had the right to ask.

Great idea!

Heck yeah, that's a great idea, I have a spare console so I might do it. Gotta get the right paint, though :)

• Like 1

Great idea!

Heck yeah, that's a great idea, I have a spare console so I might do it. Gotta get the right paint, though :)

BAH!! Horrible idea!

Keep the kids away from our beloved VCS! It is the Property of Generation X.....all ours!

Wp